The Likeness (Dublin Murder Squad, #2) The Likeness discussion

other books?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kate I absolutely loved this book... can anyone recommend anything like it? (other than in the woods?)

Thanks!

Allison Try The Secret History by Donna Tartt! It definitely influenced Tana French while she was writing The Likeness.

message 3: by Al (new) - rated it 3 stars

Al I would also recommend "Special topics in calamity physics"

Ange Allison wrote: "Try The Secret History by Donna Tartt! It definitely influenced Tana French while she was writing The Likeness."

That's interesting because the whole time I was reading this I was thinking that it seemed so similar to The Secret History. I haven't finished Tartt's book yet, but that is what it reminded me of. I really like French's style. I enjoyed this book more than In the Woods so I guess it's time to start the third one.

Kate I finished the third one recently and thought it was the best of the three! Hard to imagine, I know . . .

Andrew Kate, I have "Faithful Place" (the 3rd one) near the top of my "to be read" list. They had a mass market paperback available in Britain (and also Canada, where I snapped it up when I was visiting last month).

4th one will be released this summer - I hear Tana French took a little time off between to have a baby.

Kate Andrew, I just stumbled upon news that a fourth was headed out in June -- that'll be my vacation read in August!!

Elizabeth R *hated* 'The Secret History', at least the first few chapters I managed to slog through before tossing it aside. Something about the writing style, I think. That said, it's one of my friends' favorite books.