Chicks On Lit discussion

Last Day To Vote

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
If you havent already please vote on the poll at the bottom of this page for Novembers book. Today is the last day you can vote.
t~

message 2: by Emily (new)

Emily (ejfalke) | 576 comments I liked this process...what about y'all?

Tera, was it easier for you?

message 3: by Bree (new)

Bree (coffeebeanbookshelf) Oops, I missed it...but I'm happy with whatever was chosen! :)

message 4: by Holli (new)

Holli Once I got it straight in my mind I certainly liked it much better LOL

message 5: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
It was a lot easier to do because I didn't have to tally up votes.
But I do have a possible problem.
This month when we started the process we had I think 395 members and we had 17 book nominated I think. We have in just that amount of time climed about 30 members.

Here is my concern and if I am the only one tell me and Ill stop over thinking everything.

But I almost wonder we should put a cap on the number of books nominated each month ... like say the first 12 or so. Because I worry with 25, 30, 35 books being nominated that people won't truly go through all the choices and well... it makes for one long list of books and I don't want to overwhelm people.

Some possible ideas I had were ...
(and again tell me if i'm worrying over nothing)
first 12 books nominated?
only one nomination per person?
if your book was chosen in the last 3 months then you have to wait to nominated another?

I could be making a mountain out of a mole hill but i just was suddenly worried about that as I tried to make a break down of the books for everyone with a small blurb it just seemed like there were a lot of books nominated.

Which is a good thing. I mean YAY there are so many books we all love or want to read. I just don't want people to be overwhelmed or bummed out if there book wasn't picked.

am i silly?

message 6: by Holli (new)

Holli You aren't silly because I honestly thought as I went thru the books nominated this month....ok I don't even remember the first one now!! I am totally getting what you are saying. The choices were great and I love that we can pick the book and we have a hand in the picking and the nominating....but it was overwhelming.

The next time we nominate why don't you have everyone send you a PM (personal message) with their nomination and the first 12 who get their vote in to you get on the list? After you get the 12 in then you post them with the blurb like you did this month which I thought was fantastic and then we vote.....

message 7: by Emily (new)

Emily (ejfalke) | 576 comments I like that idea Holli! I think it's OK to cap it, and I think one nomination per person is fair as well.

BUT, if you're the person who can't check your favorite websites throughout the day, and you're constantly being shafted because you don't get your nomination in to Tera before 12 other people, I think that will start to seem unfair.

We have over 400 members?! That's awesome! Where is everyone? :) Talk to us people! :)

message 8: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
That was my concern Emily.

What if I take the first 12 that are sent to me. Then the next month I take the first twelve that are sent to me excluding 12 from the previous month unless we don't have atleast 12 nominated by the first 2 days. Then I open it up to everyone?

message 9: by Meg (new)

Meg (megvt) | 3069 comments I don't think the idea of if your book was nominated you can't nominate again is a good idea. Let's nominate, maybe we should have two votes. First, if we get more than 14 books have an elimination round. And then a final round. I think it might be a good idea to limit nominations to one per person.

I think you are doing a terrific job Tera. So far it seems to be going great.

Sometimes I think it might be fun to have a genre month and maybe do a global talk? Life if we did historical fiction one month (or some other genre) it just might be a nice new twist. Just an idea.

message 10: by Holli (new)

Holli Lots of good ideas!! I'm ok with Tera taking these ideas, adding her own, and figuring out what works best for the group and then telling us the way it will be from now on. How about the rest of you? :)

message 11: by Laura (new)

Laura (apenandzen) | 1445 comments I like Teri's idea, but I'm good w/whatever you decide, Tera, since you're the one doing all the work.

message 12: by Marcy (new)

Marcy | 19 comments I like the idea of two rounds of voting...one to whittle down to maybe 10 and then one to vote. I have to admit that I didn't get thru all the books this month.....

I did just finish Wednesday Sisters though!