pages bookshop reading group discussion

What Next?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mollie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:57PM) (new)

Mollie (MollieSultenfuss) | 1 comments Mod
I always find myself at a loss after reading a deeply engrossing book. I bounce from book to book, chapter to chapter, and generally find myself frustrated with where to go next.

So, here's the question. What books have you read that snap you out of the frustration and back into engaging reading?

message 2: by Lindsey (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:41PM) (new)

Lindsey | 1 comments Generally when I finish reading something I really love and get into I follow it up with some mindless reading. The 5 dollar paperbacks and grocery stores or something like that. Something I can do in a few hours but it makes me feel like I accomplish something before I set out on my next major task, like it freshens my palette. Short stories work too!

message 3: by Kari (new)

Kari | 1 comments Typically I tend to reach for graphic novels/Manga. Fruits Basket is one that works well.

message 4: by Gayle (new)

Gayle Pettey | 2 comments I have been reading the Divergent series. I have read the first two books and have started the third. Have really enjoyed them. I do almost all my reading via kindle.

message 5: by Gayle (new)

Gayle Pettey | 2 comments Finished that series and am now reading Embryo by J. A. Schneider.