People who won't change the subject from Vampires. discussion

VAMPIRE ACTING. PLZ HELP!!

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mina (new)

Mina Time Lord (thewanderer) | 27 comments Me and my acting troupe (real acting troupe, state funded)are doing an adults and teens Halloween Haunted House and I got picked for the main role. Which just so happens to be a Vampire. I have a really nice speech, it is SO creepy. (I will post it when I get my written copy.) However, I would REALLY like some help with how to walk and what accent to use. Posh England? Transylvania? I REALLY don't know. Thanks!

message 2: by Mina (new)

Mina Time Lord (thewanderer) | 27 comments P.S. I only have two weeks, which is like NO TIME AT ALL when you're acting.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm not sure but ask my friend Anastasia. She would most definately know.
Here's the url to her profile.

http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/12...

message 4: by Mina (last edited Sep 13, 2008 05:44AM) (new)

Mina Time Lord (thewanderer) | 27 comments Could you ask her? She has a private profile.
I've done a lot of acting before, so I'm pretty good at getting into character, but I'm just not sure what the character is. I know she's ruthless, not at all the compassionate, loyal vampire of modern books like Twilight.
Thanks!!

message 5: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) transylvanian!!!

message 6: by Mina (new)

Mina Time Lord (thewanderer) | 27 comments But not ALL vampires are from Transylvania. It does seem like the best solution from where I'm standing, but I'm worried about being cliche.

message 7: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia okay well first of all the accent doesn't really matter. it depends on where your vampire was turned how old he/she is etc. vampires have originated from many places...not just europe, there are stories about them in asia. So as to what accent to choose. Where is your vampire from? If your going with the cliche I would choose a soft English dialect or Irish. Transylvanian if you want to go with Brahm Stoker. As for walking and such. It depends entirely on the character. But most vampires would assume their dominance. So a confident, sexy, etc. walk would be perfect for a girl.

message 8: by Jane (new)

Jane Corona (baloney_vamp4) anastasis you are so assome!

message 9: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia hahah *bows then blushed* THANK YOU!! <33

message 10: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (vampirechick101) | 1 comments Accent doesnt matter but Id go with Transylvania for traditions sake :) Hi there im new here btw. It kind of is a bit cliche when you think about, like garlic *suppresses laugh*, stakes, and crosses but oh well, what are you going to do? What accent do U like best?

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I told you she was smart. :)

message 12: by Mina (new)

Mina Time Lord (thewanderer) | 27 comments Thanks everybody!
Here's the script:
Guide: Come on hurry up, the exit's through here.

Vamp:I warned you what would happen if you brought people here. And I warned all of you not to enter.
Guide:Please don't kill me. I'll leave and never come back.
Vamp:Shhh. Don't worry, I'll let you continue,and I'm sure you'll never come back here.
Guide:Oh thank you, I promise never to return. Now let's get out...
Vamp: See, now you can't come back here, ever. Now, I must welcome you all to the final room. I must admit I didn't think you would have survived this long. Your unexpected survival has become... shall we say a blessing? You see, each year about this time, I must find new prey to feed upon. Now just killing and feeding wouldn't be very much fun. So think of this as a test,which I'm glad to see you passed. Now you are truly worthy to be my prey. Don't worry though, I will let you leave here unharmed. But before you go, I give you a little warning. As you leave here tonight, and head for your homes be warned of what may be lurking in the shadows. Just remember, when you see that something move out of the corner of your eyes and see nothing there,or here that thumping in the attic and swear it's just a mouse. And late at night when your tucked in your little beds and hear that tapping on your window and you pull the covers over your head, hoping it's just a twig. Remember this: There are far more dangerous things out there than a twig. When you least expect it, I will be there to finish what I started tonight. Now Go.

message 13: by Mina (new)

Mina Time Lord (thewanderer) | 27 comments Thanks again for all the help! I'm thinking of maybe a rich, quiet voice, with a slight smirk throughout. It's in October. I can post it in the activities if you want.

message 14: by Mina (new)

Mina Time Lord (thewanderer) | 27 comments My first real practice is tonight, wish me luck! I don't know the nights yet...

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Ya no kidding! Sounds good! I like the, "There are far more dangerous things than a twig." LOL!!! Really? I always thought a twig was the most terrifying thing ever!!! GASP!!! :O

message 16: by Mina (new)

Mina Time Lord (thewanderer) | 27 comments I know, right! Twigs scare me ;). Alright, I'm putting the dates up for the haunted house.

message 17: by Mina (new)

Mina Time Lord (thewanderer) | 27 comments Well, alright. Today is the first day. It's mostly improve, but that's OK, and I'll let you guys know how it goes. *Gulp*

message 18: by Mina (new)

Mina Time Lord (thewanderer) | 27 comments YAY! It worked out pretty well. I'm going again tonight so...

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

GOOD!! :D Well goodluck!!!

message 20: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) good luck mina!!! break a leg!!!

message 21: by Mina (new)

Mina Time Lord (thewanderer) | 27 comments Thanks so much guys!~ I made it thru my first weekend! I've got a break till next Friday...

message 22: by Mina (new)

Mina Time Lord (thewanderer) | 27 comments P.S. It's 10:00 PM, and This is the earliest I've gotten home from it.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Woah. o_o Well you're probably acting RIGHT now as I speak! Err....type. Lol. Since it's 7:30 Friday night! ^^

message 24: by Mina (new)

Mina Time Lord (thewanderer) | 27 comments Aright, Week 3, it's going pretty well! Thanx so much everyone. I'll continue posting...

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay! Sounds good! How long do you have to act? It's been a few weeks! ^^

message 26: by Mina (new)

Mina Time Lord (thewanderer) | 27 comments 4 weekends from 3 to 10 PM. I'm dying. It's fine, except for this one part where I have to run as fast as I can the long way, while I make sure the group can't see me and also making sure I beat them there walking the short way.

message 27: by Mina (new)

Mina Time Lord (thewanderer) | 27 comments And now I've got a cold. Big surprise.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Dang! I'm sorry! D: So is this your last weekend?

message 29: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) awww! that's 2 bad...

message 30: by Lamia (new)

Lamia awww that sucks sorry :(

message 31: by Mina (new)

Mina Time Lord (thewanderer) | 27 comments Yay! I'm all done! It went REALLY well. My cold has cleared up and everything's great! And guess what? Comedy Christmas play is up next! Auditions on Tuesday! Wahoo! *faints*

message 32: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) lolz, u do a lot of plays...

People who won't change the subject from Vampires.

unread topics | mark unread