This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
clothes

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

But Marie, what about crocs with heels?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

With pleated khakis.

Jackie "the Librarian" I have NEVER understood sleeveless turtlenecks, or leg warmers. Why?!?

However, I love flip-flops, and welcome any excuse to wear them. They are much preferable to high heels.

message 4: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 11, 2008 11:23PM) (new)

I love heels or wedges. Almost every day. Today I wore really low wedges because my back is INJURED and I looked wistfully at the shoes that will make me an astonishing 5'5 instead of a lowly 5'3.

message 5: by Daniel (new)

Daniel I want to get a giant pile of crocs and burn them with fire. Only to make a giant plastic chair out of the remains.

I hate crocs.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

"I want to get a giant pile of crocs and burn them with fire."

Are you applying for Texas A&M?

message 7: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) I remember dickies! I had a gray one. Kent wears a yellow one in Real Genius.

I'm sleep-posting.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Did you wear it under a white sweater?

[image error]

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Look Marie, it was shorts and t-shirt weather, but also turtleneck weather!

[image error]

Three turtlenecks in a row!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Maybe that's why my cheeks were flushed and my bangs were sweaty.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, look at our faces! Maybe it was the first time we saw Vogue!

message 12: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell Looks like the first time you saw a magazine.

message 13: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 11, 2008 11:21PM) (new)

Hey, I got that outfit at Carousel.

I just laughed SO HARD as I typed that because Carousel was a ghetto store in a strip mall that priced just about every item the same. So my mom was like, "We have enough for five things, Sarah." I was just glad that it wasn't JC Penney. It looked like solid colors and turtlenecks were definitely in, though, so I wasn't doing too bad.

message 14: by Lori (new)

Lori Oh yea, Blondie is definitely the one in the know, guiding you other 2, who really seem to be titillatingly shocked about something!

The West Coast definitely has a different style than the NE. Or I should say SF and up north, not sure about CA. Here we will wear shorts in the low 60s, with perhaps a long sleeve shirt and a light jacket, or even fleece. This, in NYC, would be crazy. If you need to wear long sleeves or a jacket, what the hell are you doing in shorts? And get those socks off, jesus, that is terrible! Shorts means sandals only.

I've definitely become a PacNW girl. Hey, I no longer even own black, but love colors. My friends back east would be ashamed to be seen with me.

And not only are crocs stupid, they are so uncomfortable. Way too loose.

message 15: by Tracy (new)

Tracy i would also like to add popped collars to the list of fashion horrors. it's one thing to pop the collar on a jacket or coat; in fact, it looks sort of badass and vaguely reminiscent of the james dean look (which is super sexy). however, polo shirts have floppy collars, so popping them up just looks like you didn't finish getting dressed/are a huge poseur who tries too hard.

ooh ooh, and one more. you know those shoes that are so apparently "in" right now? the ones that look like ankle boots but with peep toes? or like some wacky mutant crossbreed of a mary jane and a bootie? (i have no idea how to post pictures, otherwise i would. but trust me, i keep running into them everywhere with some stylist or magazine raving how that look is just SO in this fall). i would just like to point out that anything with more coverage than a pump has no business being peep toe. the whole point of boots is so you can wear socks AND high heels at the same time. and also, there's the fact that they always make me think of tom hanks in castaway after he cuts the toes off the dead guy's shoes because they're too small for his poor mangled feet. NOT HOT.

message 16: by Arminius (new)

Arminius I agree with you, Marie. Although the turtle necked sleeveless shirt does not seem so bad.

Crocs on women look hideous. Crocs on a man look gay.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.