Shadow Moon Sanctuary discussion

Magic Bites

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) by Ilona Andrews. I couldn't finish it. I plan on it but if I can't it's just because it's kind of slow. It's good, has a completely different take on vampires and deals with magic.

Kate Daniels is a mercenary in Atlanta. Magic is very prevalent and it causes modern technology to fail when it's really high. Kate's guardian, Greg, is murdered and she sets out to find out who murdered the last link to her parents. She gets caught between the Shapeshifter clan and the Masters of the Dead (necromancers that control vampires) when some shapeshifters and a vamp are murdered.

I got to the middle but it wasn't moving quick enough. I'll return to it after I've exhausted all options! LOL

message 2: by Sara (new)

Sara (sara476) | 45 comments Hey Ranata -
I actually read both Kate Daniels books, and was unimpressed. I couldn't get into them. I'm not sure if it was her style of writing or my inability to connect with the characters. I know a lot of people have enjoyed Mrs. Andrews books...just not my favs.

message 3: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Sara, this was pretty much my problem. I kind of didn't care. LOL

message 4: by Sara (new)

Sara (sara476) | 45 comments hehe..you and me both. :-)