Immortals After Dark discussion

Anybody Read These?

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) Has anyone read any of Cole's other books? Did you like them? How do they compare to the Immortal series?

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jen421) | 36 comments Her other books are historical romances, but they are every bit as fun and exciting as the Immortals series. I love all her other books, and read them in rapid succession.

message 3: by Kathrynn (new)

Kathrynn | 16 comments I've read all but one of her historical books.

The trilogy deals with a curse theme and I liked the third one the best. Touched my heart. Ethan and Maggie (I think that was her name).

If You Dare (MacCarrick Brothers, #1) by Kresley Cole If You Deceive (MacCarrick Brothers, #3) by Kresley Cole If You Desire (MacCarrick Brothers, #2) by Kresley Cole The Captain of All Pleasures by Kresley Cole The Price of Pleasure by Kresley Cole

message 4: by Eastofoz (new)

Eastofoz I read IF YOU DARE and I didn't like it at all because the heroine was a pain in the butt and the sex was filler sex here and there IMO. I have book 2 on TBR and eventually I'll give it another shot.

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jen421) | 36 comments I liked the second in the trilogy the best (If You Desire). I really liked Hugh and Jane. The third was really good, as well. The first is probably the weakest of the series. Both of the Sutherland books were great though!

message 6: by Eastofoz (new)

Eastofoz So there's hope then! ;)

message 7: by Carol (last edited Nov 27, 2008 02:43AM) (new)

Carol (lucky47) | 7 comments I really enjoyed this series. She's such a great Author.

message 8: by Carol (last edited Nov 27, 2008 02:46AM) (new)

Carol (lucky47) | 7 comments Hi Kathrynn,
Did you read the Captain of All Pleasures ? And was it a good read ?
Thanks

message 9: by Yz the Whyz (last edited Dec 05, 2008 09:11AM) (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 13 comments I just finished reading the first two of the series,and has the third book on standby when I'm done with what I'm currently reading right now.

I have to say, I hated the first book. If I didn't know its Cole's book, I would probably have just given up. I hate the heroine, she is just too obnoxious for my taste,and Courtland seemed to be one-dimensional. I have to force myself to finish it, so I can read the second book.

The second book, is a little better, showing the promise of what the author can do. I did like Hugh and Jane, I find the characters more sympathetic. I will be starting on Evan's book soon, hope that it will be as good or better than the second book.

Oh, and the Immmortals After Dark is way better than these books....

message 10: by Carol (new)

Carol (lucky47) | 7 comments I liked all three but 2 & 3 are much better.
Carol

message 11: by Yz the Whyz (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 13 comments I finished the third book, If You Deceive. I have to say I think its the best of the three. I enjoyed reading this one, and I can see Cole's style that I love so much in her IAD series.

Overall, except for the first one, I would say its a decent series, where you will enjoy it more after each book.

message 12: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) I have all three of these books but haven't read them yet. I keep promising not to start anything else until I read them and the something comes along to distract me. Lately that's been Jet Mykles stuff and now I'm addicted to m/m erotica! Oh boy.

message 13: by Christy (new)

Christy Stewart (christyleighstewart) If You Deceive is one of my all time favorite books. It was a lot like a K-Drama, I wish I could find more like that.

message 14: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 779 comments Mod
What's K-Drama, Christy?

message 15: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 34 comments I have her other books on my list i just haven't gotten them yet to read

message 16: by Christy (new)

Christy Stewart (christyleighstewart) Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "What's K-Drama, Christy?"

Korean Drama, their version of soap operas.

They are known for being REALLY dramatic. The leading man tends to be an alpha male, rich, all those cliches.

If you ever decide to try one, watch Sorry And I Love You.

I died.

message 17: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (last edited Sep 10, 2009 01:20PM) (new)

I love Asian men and Asian cinema. I wish I could see some K-Drama. Sounds good. :)

message 18: by Christy (new)

Christy Stewart (christyleighstewart) Try:
http://www.mysoju.com/
http://www.crunchyroll.com/

I'm sure there are newer ones now, but I'm slow to change.

message 19: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (new)

Cool. I'll check these out. Thanks, Christy.

message 20: by Haelhaelhael (new)

Haelhaelhael | 1 comments geeks I love her. I love her books!

message 21: by Jas (new)

Jas (10jbean01) | 9 comments Hmmm, I had thought about reading other books in her series but as a couple of people mentioned If You Dare was not exactly...Cole worthy, LOL. I was rather bored by the book, but its interesting to hear that the rest in the series weren't as lame (I wouldn't say bad, necessarily...just not anything special). Maybe I'll have to give them another shot! ;)

message 22: by Leah (new)

Leah (leahkarge) I own the MacCarrick Brothers Trilogy but I haven't read them yet. They sounded interesting, but I just haven't gotten around to reading them yet.

message 23: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 51 comments I've read all of Kresley Cole's books and loved them all.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

I've read If You Dare and Price of Pleasure and I liked them, I actually read them before her IAD series she was my intro into anything romance and I never really went back lol

message 25: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 51 comments I did too.