Immortals After Dark discussion

Talking about the series > Favorite Book

Comments Showing 1-50 of 212 (212 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) Wow, it's really hard for me to pick a favorite but I read a Hunger Like No Other in 24 hours so I guess that one was my favorite. I had a hard time at first understanding the world since I had not read the short story first and wasn't familiar with the Valkryies or the Lore... It wasn't until I finished the book that I realised there was a glossary at the back. Would have been nice if they had put that in the front!

Which book is your favorite?

message 2: by Jennifer (last edited Oct 29, 2008 08:19AM) (new)

Jennifer (jen421) | 36 comments I like the second full book the best, No Rest for the Wicked. Kaderin and Sebastian are my faves! I love the valkeryie in general; other PNR authors should use them more. This is the only series that has valkeryie that I'm aware of.

message 3: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) Since I hadn't read the short story, I had no idea what the Valeryie were, and not realizing there was a glossary in the back, I did an internet search. They are very interesting and I love that they act like "girls gone wild" half the time. They love their parties! Nix is hysterical. I'd love Cole to write a book about her next.

message 4: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jen421) | 36 comments I have a hunch that after Rydstrom's book, she may do the next one about Reign. We'll see if my prediction is correct....

message 5: by Eastofoz (new)

Eastofoz My absolute favourite and a general overall book fave is Bowen and Mari's story in WICKED DEEDS ON A WINTER'S NIGHT.

message 6: by Kathrynn (new)

Kathrynn | 16 comments My favorite was "A Hunger Like No Other." Loved it. A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2) by Kresley Cole

message 7: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 20 comments It's hard to pick a favorite because they were all so good, but I'd have to go for "No Rest For The Wicked", because I loved Sebastian so much (and I'm partial to the vampires) and loved the whole "Amazing Race" plot line!

No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark, #3) by Kresley Cole

message 8: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 779 comments Mod
Hello, I'm Danielle. I love this series and Kresley Cole is my hero for writing it. Like you Lori, it's hard to say what my favorite book is. I love them all. I guess A Hunger Like No Other has a special place in my heart because of it being the first book and for Lochlain being such a sexy scottish werewolf, and for having a timid heroine who grows into herself in Emmaline. Probably my favorite hero is Nikolai. I just love him. But they are all so wonderful. Thanks for starting the group.

message 9: by Nikki ♥ (new)

Nikki ♥ I am almost done with Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night, and it is my favorite so far. I can't even imagine that the books get better after this one :)

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jen421) | 36 comments I can't necessarily say that they get better, but the rest are equally kick-ass!! Cole is probably my favorite author right now.

message 11: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (new)

I think she is awesome. These books rock my world. Cadeon was to die for.

message 12: by Theresa (new)

Theresa  (tsorrels) My favorite was Cadeon's book... Dark Desires After Dusk. Cadeon was/is my favorite hero in this series with Bowen after him.

message 13: by Angela (new)

Angela I so agree with you Theresa! Love love love Cadeon.

message 14: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (dawnv) Cadeon and Sebastian are my absolute favorites!

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) | 35 comments My favorite is Wicked Deeds on a Winters Night, with No Rest For the Wicked as a close second. Though I agree with Theresa and Angela about LOVING Cade, his book didn't have as much... oomph as I was hoping for, I guess.
But for a dissenting opinion, I have to say I really didn't like A Hunger Like No Other. I only finished the book because people in the PNR group swore it got better, and it did, but I still didn't love it. Probably wouldnt have read the next book except that I got sucked into the world, what with Nix and Regin being so awesome and all. :)

message 16: by Dawn (last edited Feb 22, 2009 06:01PM) (new)

Dawn (dawnv) I love Nix I heard she is doing a cameo in the Gena Showalter series I am not sure if it is the Lords or the Atlantis but how cool is that?

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) | 35 comments Really? That is cool.
And interesting; I've never known a character to show up in another author's series.

message 18: by Nikki ♥ (new)

Nikki ♥ My favorite was Dark Desires After Dusk.

message 19: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jen421) | 36 comments I'm assuming she'll show up in Lords of the Underworld, since she talked about them at the end of Kiss...

message 20: by Mickey (last edited Feb 23, 2009 11:35AM) (new)

Mickey | 14 comments I have to say out of Kresley Cole's books, it is definitely between Dark Desires After Dusk and Kiss of the Demon King! I love the two brothers, so it is hard for me to choose between the two! :)
I have to agree with Nichole, Nix and Regin are awesome! I wonder if Cole will ever pair-up Regin with anyone? That would be interesting. I don't really know if she has designed any characters strong enough to take on Regin?

message 21: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jen421) | 36 comments I'm assuming Reign will eventually hook up with her continuously reincarnated berserker.

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) | 35 comments I'm assuming that, too, Jennifer. I really hope she gets her own book for that, and not just a quick "by the way" in someone else's book.

message 23: by Mickey (new)

Mickey | 14 comments I agree. I would not be too happy if she was just looked over, she is too unique a character to be by passed.

message 24: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (dawnv) It would be really interesting if Nix got involved with one of the Lords...oh and I think Gena Showalter is Cole's mentor or something hence the cameo in her next Lords book.

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) | 35 comments I was thinking, since Nix is such an integral part of the series and every individual book, that it would be interesting for Nix to get her own book as, like, the "series finale." Not that I ever want Cole to stop writing the series, but if she did decide to wrap it up, that would be a good way to cap it off.

message 26: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra I would love to see Nix's story in a book. Having it as the series finale would be a kind of bittersweet end. Someone once said they thought that Furie might be destined for Kristoff. I'm interested to see Furie's story (plus, I want her rescued ASAP - it's just too awful to think of her drowning constantly). Also, I was intrigued by Melanthe and that one demon guy who's chasing her and seems like he might be her destined partner. Anyone else have combos you're looking forward to/guessing about?

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) | 35 comments I too was intrigued by Melanthe and the demon, but was also curious about Lothaire and the way he seemed to be following/watching Lanthe and Sabine? I couldn't tell which way she was going with that. So I'm interested to see what happens with Lanthe.

I'm also ready to hear more about Garreth and... crap, I can't remember her name. The valkyrie from A Hunger Like No Other. You guys know who I'm talking about! Stars with an A!

message 28: by Nikki ♥ (new)

Nikki ♥ Are you talking about Annika, Emma's foster mother?

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) | 35 comments No....
And now that you say that, I just remembered. It does not, in fact, start with an A. (whoops... embarrassing.)
It was Lucia. :)

message 30: by Mickey (new)

Mickey | 14 comments I am ready for a story the vampire mentioned in this new novel, Lothaire. I did not get the perception that he was leaning towards Lanthe, but I did get the impression that she is definitely going to write something using that vow Rydstrom made. I think it might be really neat if let's say Sabine has twins, a boy and a girl, and they hide the girl away from them so she is not put at risk by Lothaire. Then they could meet in some "freakish" accident or something. I don't know, I am always the one who wants to hear the stories about my favorite characters children. It might be good, or it could just be too over-used. He He... :)

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) | 35 comments I've been curious about Lothaire for awhile; he was actually mentioned all the way back in A Hunger Like No Other (possibly in the short story that started the series? I didn't read that one) - there was the scene at the beginning where the vampires attacked the Valkyrie house, and he was standing in the background and made that "shhh" gesture; and none of the other vampires could see him? He somehow helped the Valkyire in that fight, but I don't remember the details exactly.
But I'm very interested to know what his angle is.

message 32: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) Cassandra, I got the distinct impression that Melanthe and the demon chasing her are going to get together. Lothaire is very interesting and I'm sure we'll learn more about him in upcoming books.

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) | 35 comments Cassandra,
According to the FAQ on Cole's web site, it does indeed sound like Furie and Kristoff will be a pair. She also briefly mentioned Lucia and Garreth, presumably to specifically appease me. :)

message 34: by Mickey (new)

Mickey | 14 comments Ha ha. Well I definitely got the same impression about Melanthe and the demon chasing her. But then at the end I became a little confused about that demon chasing her. It almost sounded like he was a monster?

message 35: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 34 comments A Hunger Like No Other is my favorite book. I love how he made Emma a night garden.

message 36: by Ilse (new)

Ilse Snell | 121 comments Eastofoz wrote: "My absolute favourite and a general overall book fave is Bowen and Mari's story in WICKED DEEDS ON A WINTER'S NIGHT."

yeay!!!!! me too!!! me too!!! I LOVE that book!
Bowen and Mari... Mari's spells and Bowen's EVERYTHING!!
Although, No rest for the Wicked is a very very (like nano second) close 2nd.

message 37: by Ilse (new)

Ilse Snell | 121 comments Mod_Lori wrote: "Cassandra, I got the distinct impression that Melanthe and the demon chasing her are going to get together. Lothaire is very interesting and I'm sure we'll learn more about him in upcoming books. "

I also think that, and I think that Melanthe was in love with him, since he looked at her all weirdly and stuff when they attacked, and he stood back. But when the vrekeners attacked Sabine, Lanthe lost the plot. So she spend the rest of her life looking for the way that guy made her feel.
i would love to see them together. Although, he's kind of freaky with his broken wing and all.

message 38: by Cassandra (last edited Oct 12, 2009 07:25AM) (new)

Cassandra The book with Melanthe and the demon who's chasing her is the one I'm eagerly waiting for :) I hope she writes it soon!

message 39: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (new)

Same here, Cassandra. I heard it's going to be a novella, though.

message 40: by Cassandra (last edited Oct 13, 2009 05:59AM) (new)

Cassandra No way! No fair :(

There are other stories I'd rather have be novellas rather than theirs.

message 41: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (new)

Yeah, I wish it was full length. I am greedy. I want them all to be full-length novels.

message 42: by Angela (new)

Angela (angbens) Cadeon's book is my favorite. I he's my fav.

message 43: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (new)

I can't say who my favorite hero is. I love them all.

message 44: by Mhollie (new)

Mhollie | 17 comments Lachlan and/or Bowen.

message 45: by C Joy (new)

C Joy (yurioujo) | 14 comments Hi y'all! I'm new here and fell instantly inlove with the IAD series, looking forward to reading the latest books too!

Anyway, I'd have to say I love Mariketa and Bowen's story in Wicked Deeds On A Winter's Night. I didn't expect to love it since I wasn't really fond of Bowen and Mariketa's description in the previous books wasn't really exciting. The demons' stories aren't bad though, I enjoyed them too.^_^

message 46: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 34 comments every time i read the new book, it becomes my favorite but i still like Bowen and Cade too. just finished pleasure of a dark prince and Garreth is my favorite right now.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey Everyone! I am new here as well and the IAD is one of my favorites.

No Rest for Wicked is my absoulte favorite of the series because I loved Kaderin and Sebastian equally. In some of books I liked the either the hero or the heroine so in order to become my fave I would have to like them both.

message 48: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (new)

Welcome to Joy and Vdust209. Good to see some new faces. :)

message 49: by Pickles (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) | 314 comments My favorite book was Dark Needs at Night's Edge because I really loved Conrad and Neomi. I also really liked Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night and Dark Desires After Dusk. But I've pretty much loved them all! The only one I didn't really care for was Kiss of a Demon King.

message 50: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Honorary Lorean (new)

Harper, what didn't you like about KoaDK, if you don't mind me asking?

« previous 1 3 4 5