Down River Down River discussion

southern family with a dark side

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Recca This is the second novel for John Hart. In this novel he explores a southern family with a dark secret. John Hart lives in North Carolina.

Manugw Recca wrote: "This is the second novel for John Hart. In this novel he explores a southern family with a dark secret. John Hart lives in North Carolina."

The plot is very good, but the author employs a very boring writing style, so it is not compelling you to finish it in no time

Beth Manugw wrote: "Recca wrote: "This is the second novel for John Hart. In this novel he explores a southern family with a dark secret. John Hart lives in North Carolina."

The plot is very good, but the author empl..."

You're kidding, right? This was a wonderful book!

Manugw No Beth, I am serious the writing style was boring, a pity as the plot was cleverly crafted

Beth wrote: "Manugw wrote: "Recca wrote: "This is the second novel for John Hart. In this novel he explores a southern family with a dark secret. John Hart lives in North Carolina."

The plot is very good, bu..."

Beth wrote: "Manugw wrote: "Recca wrote: "This is the second novel for John Hart. In this novel he explores a southern family with a dark secret. John Hart lives in North Carolina."

The plot is very good, bu..."

???!!! I won't say that the writing is boring yet, but it does lack the intensity that could compel the reader to flip the pages. I gave it a 3 stars i think.

Chris Manugw wrote: "Recca wrote: "This is the second novel for John Hart. In this novel he explores a southern family with a dark secret. John Hart lives in North Carolina."

The plot is very good, but the author empl..."

Agreed! I read this a couple of years ago and it seemed like the descriptions went on forever! (And I like good, descriptive writing.) It was a good story poorly executed. Because of it, I have tried his other books.

Manugw I fully agree this books lacks a compelling writing style it goes like a mystery without the intensity of a thriller