Forever Fifteen Forever Fifteen discussion

Will there be a sequel?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy I really enjoyed this book! I was wondering if the author has written anymore books since this one?

Also, i read one of the reviews that said that they thought Bella [from Twilight] was more likable. I have to disagree. I really enjoyed the Twilight series, and I like Bella, BUT she is whiny and almost 'too good'. Lucy had flaws, but was a good person [err...Vampire], so to me, she was more likable. Just my opinion :)

message 2: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Steele Yes, I'm working on a Forever Fifteen sequel that I started writing around September 2008.

My plot synopsis from http://foreverfifteen.com/forum : The second book in the FF series will span the time period between Lucy's hasty departure from the Beck household with Sebastian to the time when she turns John into a vampire. Lucy will go off with wealthy, powerful Sebastian. She still has feelings for him, but because he hasn't fundamentally changed, she has to be reserved. They go on a wonderful trip to Europe, Lucy's first since coming to the American colonies on a trading ship. She thinks she's falling in love with Sebastian all over again until he traps her in the Roman catacombs (is he trying to kill her or is it some sort of sick joke?) and leaves her for dead. She starts discovering new and weird talents in herself: she has premonitions and begins to have psychokinetic abilities. After escaping the catacombs, she goes back to Sebastian, not wanting to be poor again. When she returns to Sebastian, she experiences a personal Renaissance, goes to college, and Sebastian becomes fascinated with her newfound psychic talents. Sebastian has never been a good, decent guy, so he has more in store to sabotage Lucy at the climax of the book. Won't give it away though, because that would be a spoiler.

message 3: by Kimberly (last edited Dec 11, 2008 09:10PM) (new)

Kimberly Steele Dear Amy, Thanks so much for your favorable comparison! Lucy is a dark character. She wants to be loved, but she cannot reconcile her bitter hatred of humanity. A part of her is very willing and eager to commit murder--even though it is necessary for her survival, she knows full well she could commit suicide, even though it's difficult. I'm looking forward to exploring more of her sadness in the Forever Fifteen sequel: she has never been at home with the human race cycling through life all around her, being born, living, and dying as she is frozen at fifteen.

Bella is definitely a likeable character . . . I have read Twilight but not the others yet, so I'm wondering if Bella turns into a vampire and how that will change her.

Brian Kimberly,

Glad to hear there's a sequel coming. I've been recommending FF to people that can't stop raving about Twilight. Frankly, I couldn't stomach Twilight and found your book vastly more interesting, both in plot and characters.

With all the hub-bub around Vampires lately, have you had any luck getting a mainstream publication of your book?

message 5: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Steele Thanks Brian!

"Vastly more interesting than Twilight" Boy, I'm eating that up!! Well, Forever 15 has been optioned as a possible TV series and/or movie with Canadian director Eva Madden, so we'll see if all the vampire buzz is able to translate into financing. Once I get another novel finished, I'll see if someone wants to publish it. It's nice to know I have my FF fan love out there. I strongly believe it will help me get published when the time comes.

♥Xeni♥ It's been a while since anyone posted here, but I just wanted to give my thanks for releasing this FF as a free audiobook! I randomly stumbled upon it about a year ago and have listened to it at least 10 times since. Its just so well written and Lucy is likeable (unlike Bella, who's just a whiny brat in my eyes). Thank you so much! And I hope you've released the sequel and/or the Dream of Flight you mentioned above so I can find some more luscious work!

message 7: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Steele The Forever Fifteen sequel, Forever Fifteen II: Burial has been released as a Kindle book! http://tinyurl.com/cz8zteb I started writing it in 2008, then didn't really resume until this year (2012) when I committed to 1000 words a day until the second novel was done. It's finished now, the 2nd book out of 3. Audiobook and print versions are still forthcoming, but even if you don't have a Kindle, you can download free reading apps that will enable you to read the Kindle book on any device.

message 8: by Rob (new)

Rob Kimberly wrote: "The Forever Fifteen sequel, Forever Fifteen II: Burial has been released as a Kindle book! http://tinyurl.com/cz8zteb I started writing it in 2008, then didn't really resume until this year (2012..."

Disheartening how dead this thread is. I was surprised to actually find you here, the author herself. Forever Fifteen was an audiobook I found a couple years ago, it was great. I had been listening to Underwood and Flinch, another free vampire audiobook, at the time http://podiobooks.com/title/underwood...

Oh my god I wished for something like your books to come out as a TV show or movie (not like all the terrible vampire bull that comes out these days) Cant wait to get to that book! Good luck on your writing! fyi Sebastian has a likeness to Underwood. They should meet, I just had an ideagasm.