A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #1) A Hunger Like No Other discussion

New Group - Immortals After Dark

Comments Showing 1-50 of 117 (117 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Lori Hi everyone! Since I love Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark series and enjoy discussing them almost as much as reading them, I've started my own group, Immortals After Dark.

If you love her books too, please come join us.

Carol Hi Lori,
Just wanted to say how much I love the "Immortals After Dark" series by Kresley Cole. I have only read 2 so far and I think she's done an excellent job. Can't wait to read more.

Carol

Megan I love this series!! It is my favorite of any kind of romance or any other genre. My friends and I ust sit around talking IAD, I want movies about it. TV shows about it! Music about it! DO it!

Karinloos Yep, another fan here of IAD. So cant wait for Lothaires story

Magda Can't wait to find out who Lothaire's mate!

Melanie I love the IAD series! Each book just keeps getting better and better. I can't wait for Lothaire's book - 2012 can't come soon enough.

Megan Why must it take so long! It is unfair, she used to do two books a year. Jeez! I feel cheated.

Mhmm....Lothaire's mate? I have my theories, and I hope it is one of them. Iam kind of against bringing in a brand new character when there are so many other really good developed ones.

Magda Megan, I'm holding out hope it's Nix but I doubt it.

Melanie Magda wrote: "Megan, I'm holding out hope it's Nix but I doubt it."

I was so hoping it would be Nix too, but alas, I don't think it will be. The cover for the new Lothaire book is going to be revealed this summer (yay!)... maybe there will be an excerpt released as well......??????

Megan There had better be both. I have become an IAD junkie. NEEDNEEDNEED.
As for Nix and Lothaire, it could work, they have a yinyang going on. They are each others equals, so why not mates? I mean Lothaire is already blooded right?
Or maybe his mate is El Dorada and something to do with his "end game". Lothaire is the enemy of old, well this is the new assencion.
Theories, theories, theories.

Magda Yes, Lothaire is blooded but I doubt KC would tie off 2 big characters in one book.
Also, I think it's been mentioned somewhere that she stated Nix's book will be towards the end of the series & I am not ready for this series to end!

I didn't know the cover was being released soon! YAY!!!
And, please, please, please let there be an excerpt.

Megan Never let it end!

✿ℎazℯℓ - thℯ ℛock Cℎick ℱairy✿ All of the books in IAD Series have been smashing! and i am sure that the next one would be just as great. Can't wait! I can't count the number of times i reread every single book in this series. I love it! =)

Karinloos OOOOOh just pre-ordered Lothairs book from Amazon.co.uk dispatch estimate Jan 17th 2012

Piratequeen I haven't read the books of IAD who have the demons as the hero, for some reason i just cannot imagine a man looking like the devil appealing. Esp with the horn, how did you lot think when you have read their books? if its worth it, I'll give it a go.

Melanie Piratequeen wrote: "I haven't read the books of IAD who have the demons as the hero, for some reason i just cannot imagine a man looking like the devil appealing. Esp with the horn, how did you lot think when you have..."

OMG.... it is so worth it to read these ones. Cade and Rydstrom's (and Malkom's - half/demon) were some of the best in the series. Two words - "lickable horns" - yep, that pretty much sums it up.

message 17: by Piratequeen (last edited May 05, 2011 04:20PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Piratequeen Melanie wrote: "OMG.... it is so worth it to read these ones. Cade and Rydstrom's (and Malkom's - half/demon) were some of the best in the series. Two words - "lickable horns"..."

LOl Melanie, is that so? yeah I have seen the ratings on them and they were high on average compared to her other books in the series, as you have said, lets see if I find their horn ''lickable'' :)!
I enjoyed the vampire and the werewolves stories immensely! how do you find her novel in comparison to J R Ward BDB series?. For me, I like KCs books soo much more!

message 18: by Melanie (last edited May 05, 2011 06:16PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Melanie Piratequeen wrote: "I enjoyed the vampire and the werewolves stories immensely! how do you find her novel in comparison to J R Ward BDB series?. For me, I like KCs books soo much more!"

I liked Ward's BDB series (with the best of course being Zsadist's story) but nothing tops Cole's IAD series for me. I like the diversity of characters in Cole's stories (ie the 'Lore') and find her writing sharp, witty, funny and sexy. Ward's BDB is good but (lately especially) they have a lot of side stories going on that sometimes I find myself skimming through. I never skim through Cole's books!

Megan Yes that is the best part of her books isn't it? The fact that you truly laugh out loud! I truly enjoy the back and forth between all the characters. It reminds me of how my friends and I talk together. I just want to part with them, drink the intoxispells and play XBOX!!

Magda I completely agree with Melanie. KC's book are so perfectly weaved together, unlike some of the newer BDB books. (Z is my fave, too)

Also, read the Demon books! Malkom's book is one of my favorites! Ahhh, my heart is a flutter!

message 21: by Debs (new) - rated it 5 stars

Debs Moderatrix Lori wrote: "Hi everyone! Since I love Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark series and enjoy discussing them almost as much as reading them, I've started my own group, Immortals After Dark.

If you love her b..."

I love Kresley Cole Books I am now reading demon from the dark one lore to read I think till she brings her next one out. Any suggestions of any others to read any one

message 22: by Debs (new) - rated it 5 stars

Debs Sorry it Debs again Magda Malcolm makes me so sad up to now I am hoping he has a better ending

message 23: by Piratequeen (last edited May 08, 2011 02:53PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Piratequeen Melanie wrote: "I liked Ward's BDB series (with the best of course being Zsadist's story) but nothing tops Cole's IAD series for me. I like the diversity of characters in Cole's stories (ie the 'Lore')..."

Melanie, you know what? thats EXACTLY how I feel about the BDB books now, the new ones have like three independent stories in one novel, and one of them ( I think BDB Butch story) I actully read only the parts where Butch was involved and managed to complete by understandng it, the bits abou some mr X and mr O and what not all confuse me, and Cole's books...ahh not even a sentence skimmed! lol
I gotta start reading the demon stories, most here seem to be enjoying them. :)

Megan I felt the same way about the recent BDB books. The whole Lesser thing lost its appeal for me and so I skipped those chapters and still got the story.

However yes with IAD you MUST read every single sentence, possibly twice!

Lickable!

Ladyacct ADORE the IAD series - did you see the cool T-shirts on her website?!? Hitting the hubby up for one for Mother's Day....hehehehehehehehe

Piratequeen Ladyacct wrote: "ADORE the IAD series - did you see the cool T-shirts on her website?!? Hitting the hubby up for one for Mother's Day....hehehehehehehehe"

Yeah I have seen them, cute and sexy prints on the t-shirts :)

Piratequeen Debs wrote: "Sorry it Debs again Magda Malcolm makes me so sad up to now I am hoping he has a better ending"

How did you want your endings?

Tina Theresa I love the IAD series. I love how the stories overlap. My favorite overlap was the story of Garreth and Lucia (Pleasure of a Dark Prince) and I was taken back to first book from Garreth's point of view.

Megan Yes it is fun isn't it? Like a reunion. I have read other books that do that, and sometimes I don't enjoy it. It seems overly repetitive. not in IAD though!

message 30: by Magda (last edited May 10, 2011 09:24AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Magda I completely agree. I love how Bowen/Mariketa's book includes some of Kaderin/Sebastian's storyline. One of my favorite series.

Megan AGREED! Bowen and Mari's book is totally one of my favorites of the series It was nice revisiting the story from the previous book. I find that when I read series, I have trouble keeping the stories straight. They will make mention of a previous event in the book and sometimes I can not remember. However with it happening all over again it keeps it fresh!

Magda I agree, it doesn't seem repetitive. Maybe because it's from a different perspective?
I love Bowen/Mariketa's book, definitely 1 of my favorites. Along with Carrow/Malkom.

message 33: by Kay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kay This series is one of my all time favorites. I Love Love Love the Wroth and the Woede brothers! Amazing books, and I really like how KC makes BOTH her Heros and her SHeros confident, strong, determined and capable of handling anything thrown at them. Not a weakling in the group!

Melanie I totally agree - Cole does an awesome job of giving us different viewpoints on scenarios in her books. I am really looking forward to Lothaire's version of events!!!!!... like why was he at the Valkyrie coven with Ivo and Annika in AHLNO and why exactly did he help Rydstrom's escape in KoaDK to name a few....

Magda Yes! And, what exactly the interaction with Nix at the end of DoaDW was all about?

Piratequeen I cannot remember, but has kristoff been blooded? I would like another intriguing vampire book from Cole :)

Magda KC has stated that Fury is Kristoff's bride.

message 38: by Melanie (last edited May 17, 2011 05:30PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Melanie Check it out! Goodreads has the synopsis for Lothaire's book!!! Looks like Lothaire's bride is (*gasp*) a mortal... very interesting! Can't wait to read the book :)

Maren I absoultly love this series and I see that there is a new book coming out, I can't wait!!!!! I really did like Reagan and Declan's (Aiden's) story, but I love all the books in this series and have already re-read some of them twice!!

Dafina I love the series, i can never put the books down.

Piratequeen yeah, I hope whoever Nix ends up with is a character that has already been introduce from way before, how awesome will that be!

message 42: by Elayne (last edited May 26, 2011 06:47AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elayne I know Nix paid a visit in another book...Torin caught a glimpse of her haha (another author had her as a guest)...Gena Showalter

Jeanna-Has Probably Read It! Yes, I just finished this book and I must say I was rooting for Lachlain. I was so upset every time he started to get any action and then she would back out. All I kept saying was noooooo. But then when everything came together in the end. I couldn't have been any happier. I am going to start reading book 3 soon though since it's one of my June Monthly Reads.

Autumn I am such a big fan of this series!! Will most certainly read them all...

Laura Just started reading the series, and really enjoying it. Can't wait to start the next one.

Priscilla I have read the first two in the series. They are soooo good. Why did it take me so long to find this series? Looking forward to the next one...and the one after that...etc.

Magda Keep going, they keep getting better.

Sharon I love love love IAD's and cannot wait for Lothaire. My favourite's are Lachlain, Cadeon and Malkom but really how can I just pick those three when they are all fantastic. I never get tired of re-reading the series.

Georgiana Love you picks of favorites, Sharon. I feel the exact same way. Great books.

message 50: by Debs (new) - rated it 5 stars

Debs I think we all can't wait for Lothaire bit of a while yet though "shame" I enjoyed every book:D

« previous 1 3