Goodreads Feedback discussion

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dave (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:56PM) (new)

Dave Woodall | 2 comments With as many books as we read, what if there was a standard 'award' tab I could give certain books I read.
You're only allowed a limited number of the following tabs. For example one could award / tag books like:
- best book I read 2007
- desert island book (stuck on an island which book you would take)
- if you knew me by one book it would be this one

As I'm surfing profiles, it would be cool in addition to the 'compare books' section, that in their profile review there were awards they ranked... and if they were a standard selection, then I would know how to compare to my own selections.

Thanks and this is my favorite social network!!!
Dave

message 2: by Wealhtheow (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:57PM) (new)

Wealhtheow | 7 comments It might be nice to be able to find books by actual awards, as well. Being able to find all of the Nebula winners, or all the Coldecot winners at once on the site would be spiffy.

message 3: by Bricoleur (David) (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:57PM) (new)

Bricoleur  (David) Soul (Bricoleur) | 53 comments Why not use the existing capability of Goodreads ... start shelving your own "Read" entries "Nebula" ... it will only take a few with interest in science fiction doing this to get the bulk of them done...

I think this is the best way to approach it as just in the field of Science Fiction alone there are multiple awards of interest: Campbell, Hugo, Jupiter, and Nebula Awards to name but a few!

You could enlist support over in the Science Fiction group I'm sure.

The explore tab gives you an ability to search by shelf ....

message 4: by Femmy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:57PM) (new)

Femmy | 118 comments I agree with David. I enlisted people in the Indonesia group to put Indonesian-language titles in the "Indonesian" shelf. It could work with other things, like awards and other tags.