Audiobooks discussion

Archives > New Poll

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Grumpus, Hearing aide (last edited Sep 09, 2008 05:22AM) (new)

Grumpus | 473 comments Did you notice the poll below? (scroll all the way down on the group homepage or click the "polls" link to the right)

I love surveys (its what I do)! I'll look for more that ask a question and then reference a book for more answers but feel free to add any type of your own.

message 2: by Grumpus, Hearing aide (new)

Grumpus | 473 comments Only 12 responses thus far. Can it be that left-handers are more likely to listen to audiobooks?

About 10%-12% of the population is left-handed but they account for 25% of our group based upon our small sample as of this morning.

C'mon take a second to let us know which "side" you're on by answering the survey.

message 3: by S.G (new)

S.G | 39 comments Grumpus, they, the left-handed are all in a shock, dying earlier is a heavy dose to digest.

message 4: by Grumpus, Hearing aide (new)

Grumpus | 473 comments Yes, The life span for lefties is significantly shorter. Thankfully, insurance companies don't factor handedness into their rates!

message 5: by S.G (new)

S.G | 39 comments But they do! Your life insurance agent always take note of which hand you sign their forms with!

message 6: by Patty (new)

Patty (bookswoman) Actually the whole "lefties die earlier" thing is slowly being debunked. Since we are only about two/three generations into the culture of not forcing the left-handed to write/work with their right hand, all previous studies are at fault. Give it a couple of more generations and you should be able to judge more accurately.

Patty - third generation lefty, and my Dad and his other two lefty siblings weren't "switched" but his uncle was and suffered a nervous breakdown as a result.

message 7: by Ancestral (new)

Ancestral Gaidheal (gaidheal) | 108 comments Oh dear; seems the left-handed folk have been overtaken by the right-handed folk in the poll.