Delirity discussion

Author B > Gemma Doyle - L. Bray

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
A Great and Terrible Beauty (Gemma Doyle, #1) by Libba Bray Rebel Angels (Gemma Doyle, #2) by Libba Bray The Sweet Far Thing (Gemma Doyle, #3) by Libba Bray

message 2: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments I love this series. I think its a breath of fresh air for the YA genre being that it is in the past in England. What i also love about it is its uniqueness with having paranormal elements yet still steering away from the Steam-punk Genre. Gemma is pretty cool most of the time and the plot keeps you reading to find out more. i am about 100 pgs into the nook version of REBEL ANGELS.

message 3: by Tya (new)

Tya | 840 comments I really liked this series,and I love Libba Bray.

(view spoiler)

message 4: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments oh darn i havent read the last book and i just read the spoiler which deals with the last book. :(

message 5: by Heather (new)

I do that all the time.
I use to always make sure we mentioned what book we were referring to. I need to go back to that.

message 6: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments lol its okay ill prob forget what it said by the time i get to the book.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 827 comments I liked these books. Not everyone does, but I like the mix of Victorian era fiction and dark fantasy. Even with the 3rd book having a very weird plot twist, I was still glad that I read the trilogy.

message 8: by Tya (new)

Tya | 840 comments Sorry Chakara! I should have said that it was for the 3rd book! I didn't even think of it! But you still have all of the fun things leading up to it to look forward too, right =)

message 9: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments its all good in the neighborhood

message 10: by Carri (new)

Carri (carrifedor) | 145 comments I tried to read these but could not make it past the first one. I can't quite put my finger on it, but this book and I just did not click. Did you all like it?

message 11: by Tya (new)

Tya | 840 comments I did!

message 12: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments Still about 100 pages into rebel angels lol all of my nook books got forgotten when I switched to kindle.

message 13: by Heather (new)

There are angels in this one? I started, but never did go back and finish it.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2437 comments The first one was a struggle and I can't actually remember what it was about . . . but I'm wondering if it was my mindset at the time.

message 15: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments Heather wrote: "There are angels in this one? I started, but never did go back and finish it."

So far no. If they do show up that would be an interesting twist.

message 16: by Heather (new)

Ok, i was just looking at the Rebel Angel title.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2437 comments These came out way before the "Angel" boom. Looks like no one has the books shelved as angels.