Spider Boy Spider Boy discussion

this is a great book

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

this is a great book for kids around their pre-teen ages.is about a boy who moves and has no friends but every thing changes at the end.read it and you will see.

message 2: by Donna (new)

Donna Brent This is an interesting story about overcoming a big transition for the main character Bobby. He was transitioning to a new town, home,school, and friends. Bobby felt totally detached from his new life. He only connected with his pet spider Thelma. Through the events in the story both Bobby and Thelma shed their old shells(lives) and became both new and strong. Bobby inspired me to not be afraid of change and accept the challenges that change presented.

message 3: by Donna (new)

Donna Brent The book Spider Boy by Ralph Fletcher is about a boy named Bobby.
Bobby loves Spiders. Spiders are loners just like Bobby. What Bobby definitely doesn't love is New Paltz, New York, where he and his family just moved. He also doesn't like Chick Hall, the school bully. Bobby also prefers to keep to himself. By the end of the story Bobby showed me how to stand up for myself and not be afraid. Jessica 5th grader

message 4: by Donna (new)

Donna Brent The author of this book is Ralph Fletcher. He is the one who inspired me to keep me on reading this book. When I first moved here I felt like I wasn't going to make friends at this school, but I did. I felt just like Bobby when he got to his new school. The first friends I ever met were Brianna and Anilase and they are the best in my opinion. Then Bobby just like me was feeling free and happy when he got his friend. I Luck was going to be his girlfriend, but I guess not. Mostly I like the spiders that Bobby tells about. My favorite spider is the Black Widow. That is why I like this book because it happened in real life. by Jamarques

message 5: by Donna (new)

Donna Brent This book is great because every one can learn about spiders. For example male spiders trap female spiders so the male will not get eaten while they are mating. I like that Bobby is a spider genius. by Emilio

message 6: by Donna (new)

Donna Brent In the story Bobby was going through a lot of stuff like getting bullied and moving to a new school. I could tell from the story that Bobby was scared and sad. But something that kept Bobby feeling good was his spiders. There is someone in the story that he dislikes and his name is Chick Hall. By Brianna

message 7: by Donna (new)

Donna Brent This story "Spider Boy" by Ralph Fletcher was a good story. It was about a boy named Bobby moving to Illinois. Chick Hall was a bullied him and he met a girl named Lucky. by Emilio