The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > New to this site

Comments Showing 1-50 of 58 (58 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Kellie (new)

Kellie (acountkel) | 992 comments Hey Kate
Welcome to the club.
You are among a lot of friends who are OBSESSED with reading here.
It's a great group!
You will love us!
:)

message 2: by Allison (new)

Allison (sockweasel) | 432 comments Welcome, Kate! :) You will definitely get a LOT of recommendations here!! My list of books to read has been growing at a frightening rate since I joined~ I don't know how I'll ever keep up! :)

message 3: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thenightowl) Welcome...you found the right group of friends!

message 4: by Spudsie (new)

Spudsie | 44 comments Welcome Kate!

Most of my "reading" friends live out of state...I've found this group to be an awesome place to discuss books and get more to read!

message 5: by Rowena (new)

Rowena (rowenacherry) | 52 comments Welcome, Kate, you've chosen the best book-related social networking site (and there are at least half a dozen.)

Check out every drop down menu on your toolbar especially Explore and Groups,if you haven't already because it's amazing how much GoodReads has to offer.

message 6: by alicia (new)

alicia grant (shesha34) Hello Kate.Thhis place is so addicting.I love to talk books and most of my friends aren't readers.

message 7: by Linda (new)

Linda | 887 comments Hi Kate and Welcome. I hate to contradict the new person, but you do have alot of friends who read -- US. So strap in and get ready for a bumpy ride. Watch out for the dark tunnel, when you come out TBR Mountain lies ahead.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome to the Group Kate!

message 9: by Ann from S.C. (new)

Ann from S.C. | 1395 comments Hello and welcome to a wonderful group of new book friends!!!

message 10: by Stacy-Deanne (new)

Stacy-Deanne Stacy-Deanne (wwwgoodreadscomstacydeanne) | 4 comments Welcome!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, I don’t mean to hijack the thread, but I’m new, too. I’m always looking for new books, and this seems like a good place to find them.

message 12: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10125 comments Mod
Welcome to both Kate and Deleted Member (what an interesting name!)

I am sure you will both find this site highly addictive and slowly eating up all your free time *and sometimes most of your 'not so free time' too....

I am slightly biased and love my group, and am glad to share it with so many booklovers!

message 13: by Sherry (new)

Sherry Hi Kate.I can empathize with friends not reading comment.My friends and family's eyes begin to glaze over as the conversation turns to whatever I'm reading.Without GRs I'd go crazy.

Deleted Member.I must admit that I didn't realize you weren't a deleted member when I read your name(you're far quicker than me Lori!)Kudos for a completely unique name and welcome to the group. :)

message 14: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Sherry, It almost threw me for a loop.... Almost. ha ha

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Sorry for the confusion ladies, I have an odd sense of humor. Thank you, though, for the welcome.

message 16: by Marsha (new)

Marsha I love a warped sense of humor!

Hiya Kate!

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome, Kate.

message 18: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 18, 2008 05:21AM) (new)

Be welcome, Kate! I'm relatively new, too. I can tell you that is intersting & instructive & good & fun & challenging & addition. I'm enjoying the group very much. And on recommendations side, what our friends said is happening to me, too.

Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner) (perpetualpageturner) | 636 comments Welcome Kate!!

message 20: by Krista (new)

Krista (findyourshimmy) | 382 comments Welcome, Kate! You've found the perfect spot for fellow read-aholics.

message 21: by Lynai (new)

Lynai hi everyone. i'm sure glad i found goodreads (though i have trouble remembering how i found my way into this site). all along i thought i was a "voracious" reader but got so humbled knowing there are more people who read more than i do. and it sure is cool knowing there are lots who still love to read (most of my friends aren't into books that much). i am having a really good time here.

message 22: by Krista (new)

Krista (findyourshimmy) | 382 comments Welcome to Lynai as well! (waves)

message 23: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Hi Lynai... welcome~

message 25: by Linda (new)

Linda | 887 comments Welcome Lynai. If your friends aren't into books, they don't know what fun they are missing. As your new friend, I am happy you joined the party.

message 26: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Hi Kate! I've discovered so many great books here that I probably wouldn't have even heard of elsewhere. It's a great site.

message 27: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 4891 comments Welcome Kate, like all the others wrote already: you found others who are addicted, obsessed, crazy about books, reading and everything near to it!!! Enjoy and have fun getting more obsessed than you are already(as you came to this site!).

message 28: by Lynai (new)

Lynai thanks everyone. i feel so welcome, like it's family! :) now, i'm into reading again and it's more fun now because of Goodreads.

message 29: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 4891 comments Sherry, i was thinking 'deleted memeber' did something wrong and was deleted for it!!!!

message 30: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 07, 2008 04:32AM) (new)

Not yet, Jeane. I've been watching my p's and q's.

::looks around warily, decides not to add to bookshelf::

message 31: by Lisa Julianna (new)

Lisa Julianna (lisajulianna) | 1053 comments Welcome Kate, Lynai and Deleted Member.
Glad you all are here!
I already like your sense of humor Deleted Member. hehe

message 32: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 4891 comments Sorry deleted member, You know I really thought it for long!!! :-) Not even going to mention what I thought when I saw you commenting in this discussion:-)))))

Do add books, lots of books!!!!

message 33: by Sherry (new)

Sherry LOL Jeane!

message 34: by Linda (new)

Linda | 887 comments Welcome Lynai. You'll love the weather here - warm and inviting.

Petra: all work & no play makes you poor.On hiatus (petra-x) Definitely. Really great atmosphere here. Welcome to everyone *waving*

message 36: by Linda (new)

Linda | 887 comments Petra X, I am impressed. You have that waving thing down to a science. LOL.

Petra: all work & no play makes you poor.On hiatus (petra-x) I'd try hugs too but it seems a bit intimate for an introduction.

message 38: by Epee (new)

Epee (epers) Linda, I think Petra X is only trying to be friendly.

message 39: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) | 1045 comments Welcome Kate, Lynai, ixan, and Deleted Member (love your humor). You will have a lot of recommended books, and the chance to talk about some of them.

Petra: all work & no play makes you poor.On hiatus (petra-x) Deleted_Member maybe I should watch mine too, or shall I risk it

yes I shall

*waves* a big hi and welcome to everyone, old and new.

message 41: by Laura (new)

Laura (apenandzen) Me too, Petra!

Welcome everyone !

message 42: by Lisa Julianna (new)

Lisa Julianna (lisajulianna) | 1053 comments Welcome Ixan.

message 43: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine | 18 comments I am new to this site as well and LOVE books. Already I've found a bunch of things I'd like to read :)

Petra: all work & no play makes you poor.On hiatus (petra-x) Hi there Jasmine. GR is a great site and this is the best group!

message 45: by Lisa Julianna (new)

Lisa Julianna (lisajulianna) | 1053 comments HI Jasmine...welcome...You will find this is the best group ever! Lori is a great moderator.

message 46: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Ji Jasmine... welcome!

message 47: by Allison (new)

Allison i am new to this group as well.
i've been on goodreads for a while though.
i love being able to talk books with people, since none of my friends are avid readers.

message 48: by Lisa Julianna (new)

Lisa Julianna (lisajulianna) | 1053 comments HI Allison...Welcome!

Petra: all work & no play makes you poor.On hiatus (petra-x) Hi there Allison, this is a really great group to join.

message 50: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (lmorris) | 91 comments I just joined this group. I'd been interested in a reading group but knew I didn't have another evening to make a meeting and had heard they turn more social than book related if you pick the wrong one. I'm excited to see what I find here.

« previous 1