Vroman's Bookstore discussion

Make Vroman's Your First Choice on Goodreads!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Patrick (new)

Patrick Brown | 30 comments Mod
It's taken me awhile, but I've finally added the URL links so that you can have your books link to Vroman's website. Everybody should add Vroman's as their number one link. It's very easy. Here's how you do it:

1. Click on any book you see on Goodreads.

2. Under the book, you can some gray text that says "Find at" then green links to Amazon, Powell's, IndieBound or whatever other links you've chosen.

3. Next to those links, click "more...". A window will appear. At the bottom of the window, click "change links...".

4. Find Vroman's Bookstore on the list, and click add. Then all you need to do is move it into the top position on your list. Goodbye, Amazon! Hello independence!

Everybody add Vroman's as your top link. It's the thing to do.

message 2: by Cathy (new)

Cathy | 1 comments Huzzah! Another way to support independent bookstores online!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, I added Vroman's to my list, but I gonna have to keep Tattered Cover #1 :). Also move Amazon to the bottom (it can't be removed for contract reasons, grrr). Along these lines, people may be interested in a new public group on Goodreads called Local Independent Bookstores and Cafes.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Just wanted to point out that Goodreads appears to have changed the process. You now need to go to "My Account" (hover over the link that says "hi [your name:]" at the upper right of your screen to find it), then click on the "book links" tab.

message 5: by rivka (new)

rivka You can still use the old method as well.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Not as far as I can tell. Where it used to say "more," all I see is "compare prices."

message 7: by rivka (new)

rivka It does much the same thing as the old "more".

message 8: by Patrick (new)

Patrick Brown | 30 comments Mod
Thanks for the tip on this. Both seem to work. I'm actually writing something up for indie bookstores on how to do this and other little tricks to give them an edge on Goodreads, so it's all very helpful.