Writing Passionates discussion

Have you ever met a famous author?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 64 (64 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Fiona (new)

Fiona Erin Hunter, author of the Warriors series, is coming to Minnesota on the 9th. I really want to meet her!!!

message 2: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ | 5857 comments Mod
i haven't met anyone really famous... i've met some authors but not mega-famous ones.

message 3: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashocalypse) Nope. Never met a famous author.

message 4: by Brigid ✩ (new)

hopefully I'LL be a famous author someday!! tee hee. XD

message 5: by Seth, The plan is simple--stay alive. (new)

Seth (ninjaaaaaofwritingbooks) | 2205 comments Mod
I have!!!!

message 6: by Brigid ✩ (new)

who?

message 7: by Veronica, What the neck!? (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) | 2889 comments Mod
I've never even met a published author (I specify published, because my friend has written an entire book, so I would consider her an author) let alone a famous one.

I mean, what does it matter that they are famous? As long as they are a good writer or an interesting person, I would like to meet them.

message 8: by Laina (new)

Laina (laineyru) well, they are famous to ME. Let's see if you recognize any:

Shannon Hale
Mette ivy Harrison
Brandon Mull
Ann Cannon
Kristyn Crow
Becky Hickox
Kimberley Heuston
Anee Bowen
Aprilynne Pike
Laura and Tracy Hickman
Ann Dee Eliss
Mike Knudsen
Sydney Husseman
Christopher Paolini
Koltn Burbank (okay so he's a local, but still... hehe a 16-year-old published author who is not self-published!

message 9: by jennifer (new)

jennifer (mascarawand) I got to interview Nick Bantock (Griffin & Sabine, The Forgetting Room) for about an hour when he was touring for "The Morning Star". He is so quick-witted and spoke about science, theology, art. He couldn't have been more generous with his time.
(I had a literary website for a couple of years so the interview was posted there.)

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

well, maybe yeah, Brandon Mull came to my school and talked about his book Fablehaven.

message 11: by Seth, The plan is simple--stay alive. (new)

Seth (ninjaaaaaofwritingbooks) | 2205 comments Mod
I met Obert Skye, K. L Fogg and the author of that one series with the same events in each book but different POVS. What is her name????

message 12: by GW (new)

GW Pickle (gwpickle) | 17 comments I met Lynsay Sands at a book signing in Dallas. She's really a nice person.
G W Pickle

message 13: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) Kevin Hawkes came to my school, but that was just because a teacher there was his cousin.

message 14: by Laina (new)

Laina (laineyru) i Love Brandon Mull! he is so funny and I related best to his writing style out of any of the authors i met... : )

message 15: by Fiona (new)

Fiona I might get to meet Victoria Holmes!!! Erin Hunter is made up of three people, Kate Kary, Chedrith Baldry, and Victoria Holmes!!!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

oh yeah I got to meet John Bytheway this year! his signature is awesome!!!!

message 17: by Fiona (new)

Fiona Sweetness!

message 18: by Brigid ✩ (new)

i have a book autographed by tamora pierce... but i didn't actually meet her...

message 19: by Fiona (new)

Fiona Aw... :( I hope to get both

message 20: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

Sella Malin | 4530 comments Mod
never met one :(

message 21: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) my double english teacher is published; her name is rebecca ciardullo.

message 22: by Brigid ✩ (new)

never heard of her... but that's cool! :D

message 23: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

me either, ah well! XD

message 24: by Fiona (new)

Fiona ghrueopghfjdghujoeghruehgvufke; WAT DO I TYPE hrguegvhruewoygreuobigyelru

message 25: by Brigid ✩ (new)

:-/ .......

message 26: by adi (new)

adi (restartaugust) | 125 comments eoin colfer
and
rick riodan.

rick is so nice. i;ve met him multiple times. he lives near my town (austin) and comes down there often.
eoin is ok. he's hilarious and short. ahaha.

message 27: by Laina (new)

Laina (laineyru) AHHH I WANT TO MEET RICK RIORDAN!

message 28: by Brigid ✩ (new)

MEEE TOOOOO!!! HE'S A GENIUS!!!

message 29: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (last edited Sep 08, 2008 09:41PM) (new)

OMG SO DO I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND SCOTT WESTERFELD TOO!!! AND STEPHENIE MEYER!!!!!!!!!!

message 30: by Brigid ✩ (new)

SAAAME!!!

message 31: by Brigid ✩ (new)

AAH!!! THERE WAS AN ARTICLE ABOUT STEPHENIE MEYER IN PEOPLE MAGAZINE--IT WAS SO AWESOME!!! HEEHEE

message 32: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!! WHICH ISSUE??

message 33: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) *~D
*~D omigosh!

message 34: by Brigid ✩ (new)

uhhhh idk... i don't remember. it was recent. from like two weeks ago maybe? i'm trying to remember what was on the cover...

message 35: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (ophelia17) | 67 comments i met meg cabot!!! i was in washington dc and she was doing this book festival with a bunch of other authors. i also met jane zalben. she's really cool. every one should read leap. i had her over for dinner!

message 36: by Brigid ✩ (new)

u met meg cabot???!!! THAT'S SO COOL!!!!!!! OMG

message 37: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

um...please don't think me stupid or ignorant or anything...but who is meg cabot? what books did she write?

message 38: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

Oh...I saw the movie :D

message 39: by Veronica, What the neck!? (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) | 2889 comments Mod
The books are better. The movie (particularly the second one) don't really follow the plot of the books. But then again, I have only read up to book five, and I think there are about eight of them.

Meg cabot also wrote some other books, I think one might be called Alvon High or something like that. I haven't read them though.

message 40: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) oh ok i mite haf to chek thos owt.

message 41: by Brigid ✩ (new)

i've read almost everything by meg cabot EXCEPT the princess diaries. how ironic. XD heehee.

message 42: by Laina (new)

Laina (laineyru) i think All American Girl by Meg Cabot is hilarious... i love it!

message 43: by Brigid ✩ (new)

I <3 that book! XD the sequel is a little strange though ... :-/

message 44: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) wut? sawry my speling suks tuday.

message 45: by Laina (new)

Laina (laineyru) haha it is quorky. most likely why i love it... haha. that's the only book i've read by her, though.

message 46: by Brigid ✩ (new)

i see. well her other books are good too. except for avalon high ... that one was weird.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

I REALLY want to meet J.K. Rowling. She's like, the elite. The only other person who has hit the bestseller list like she has is Stephenie Meyer, and I REALLY want to meet her too.

I met the author of the book Simply Science in fourth grade, and he gave me a signed copy of his book for free!

message 48: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie | 2838 comments Personally speaking I think Stephenie Meyer wrote better books. But I used to think that J.K. Rowling was the best author in the universe as well, so ... maybe it's just 'cause I'm older.

message 49: by Brigid ✩ (last edited Sep 16, 2008 03:41PM) (new)

Stephenie Meyer's a gazillion times cooler. i never liked Rowling ...

message 50: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) I dunno which one I like better. I like Rowling's just because she actually played along with the myths, whereas Meyer just throws everything a way. I don't know, because Rowling's style IS ametuer. But, I mean, at least she made me attached enough to Dumbledore that I cried when he died. I have a hard time relating to Meyer's characters. Like, I would NEVER just be crying and yelling for my boyfriend if I got in trouble. Meyer made her into too much of a damsel in distress. It's okay though.

« previous 1