The Next Best Book Club discussion

CLOSED: Promote Your Site/Stuff > Free books on www.erinquinnbooks.com

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erin (new)

Erin Quinn (erin_quinn) | 59 comments Hi, I'm giving away a copy of one of my three published titles and a copy of Cassie Ryan's Ceremony of Seduction (Seduction Series, Book 1)on my my website. Very hot and steamy stuff. Cassie is a friend of mine and a wonderful writer--if you like erotic romance and an author who writes with imagination, you have to read her.

Every month I'm going to be giving away an autographed copy of my books, an autographed copy of another author's books (coming up is Allyson James, Calista Fox and MacKenzie McKade--all friends, I'm proud to say and all great writers). As it gets closer to the release date for my new book, HAUNTING BEAUTY, written under my pen name Erin Quinn, I will be adding fun prizes to the book give away.

You just need to visit www.erinquinnbooks.com and click on contest to enter.

Thanks!
Erin Grady aka Erin Quinn

PS: If any of you are writers, I also give away a scholarship to the San Diego State University Writers conference. Same site, click on scholarship. :-)

message 2: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10123 comments Mod
ooohhhhh... Very hot and steamy huh? Will i want to take a shower after I read it?

Teehee

message 3: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (countessofblooms) | 1128 comments And a one, and a two, and a SPAM!!!!!!!!!!!

message 4: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty (kirstyreadsandcreates) | 610 comments Logan I don't think this one's a spammer... she has actually contributed to the group.. :) And she put it in the right place too... I have to congratulate her on having more brains than the other spammers!

message 5: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (countessofblooms) | 1128 comments You're right. I hadn't seen/remembered that she'd actually contributed to other threads. I humbly retract my accusations of spam.

message 6: by Erin (new)

Erin Quinn (erin_quinn) | 59 comments Hi--no I'm not a spammer. I thought it was okay to put stuff like this in the appropriate folder. Yikes, did I do it wrong? I was actually very appreciative of the fact that you have a folder just for posting stuff like this so that someone interested can look, but others don't have to if they don't want to.

You actually gave me an idea of starting a group called simply "author give-aways and promotions" so authors can post this kind of stuff and anyone who is interested can take advantage of the freebees without the intrusiveness of announcing on discussions.

(Anyway, would someone let me know if I misunderstood the purpose of the folder? I don't want you to think me a spammer. Feel like I just got caught with the back of my skirt caught in the waist of my pantyhose. How embarrassing)

And yes Cassie's books are SMOKING hot. She's very talented. My books are not as sexy, but I hope they're just as good. :-) The books really are free. I run a contest every month with the sole purpose of finding new readers.

message 7: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty (kirstyreadsandcreates) | 610 comments Erin it's ok. We had a problem with spammers, and Logan was just a little quick off the mark ;) you put it in the right place.

message 8: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10123 comments Mod
Haa haa... Logan.

Erin, you did the right thing. We are just highly sensitive from the horrible past experiences of spammers (we are still licking our Micha wounds! That man had the spunk to fight back!), and typically jump on the SPAM wagon without a moments thought!

I think starting a group for authors to promote things would be a great oppurtunity.... I am suprised that there hasnt been one made yet, You should really look into that!

message 9: by Erin (new)

Erin Quinn (erin_quinn) | 59 comments I actually started one on shelfari called Author Give-aways and Promotions. I just started so there aren't a huge number of posts yet, but I thought I'd give it a chance to get going and if it takes off I'll do one here. :)

Thanks for not hating me. I'm on the list of people that HATE spammers. They're like telemarketers who call you during dinner.

If anyone is a member of the OTHER site too, like hopelessly addicted to talking about books me, check out that group for freebees (http://www.shelfari.com/groups/28081/...). SJ Day (aka Sylvia Day) posted some stuff. She has a fabulous new urban fantasy that comes out next year. Also Rowena Cherry, Diana Groe aka Emily Bryant, Kathryne Kennedy (wonderful romance/fantasy author) and me, of course.