The incredible, nameless bookclub! discussion

wdyr?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Santos (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:55PM) (new)

Santos | 7 comments Mod
Where do you read?

I'm trying to come to grips with the fact that my 2-week break is quickly coming to an end and I won't be able to read non-stop all day.
Where and when do working gals read?

I seem to be unable to read at home. I usually go to a coffee shop or something. I wish we had good public transportation so that I could read on my way to work, but I get major motion-sickness so that wouldn't work.

message 2: by Julie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:57PM) (new)

Julie (jooliaaah) where don't i read???

i work full-time, work on the side writing curriculum, am a single mom with an extremely active fourteen year old and am deeply involved with many education related organizations. because of my extremely busy schedule i have to get a little creative with when and where i read. first of all, i always carry a book with me - i will turn around and go home if i've realized i've forgotten it. i do most of my reading at home during any free time i get over weekends. i also read in the car (while parked! okay and perhaps i've been known to read at a long light or two) while waiting for my son to get out of football/baseball practice. i read on my lunch hour at work. i read at half-time during games. i read, while watching, long baseball games - that took me a long time to perfect. i read while waiting for appts. and while at the salon. if i have a big chunk of free time i pack up my dogs, a blanket and a book and head for the park or beach to read in the sunshine.

message 3: by Santos (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:58PM) (new)

Santos | 7 comments Mod
Wow! I don't think I could pack all of that in! Especially with a fourteen-year-old.