Chick Lit Book Club discussion

Second Chance
This topic is about Second Chance
2007-2008 Book Archive > 10/2007: Second Chance: Chapters 26-30

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:55PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ashley (A) What are your final opinions of the book? What do you think of how each of their lives turned out? How each of them received their "Second Chance"?

message 2: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:55PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ashley I was surprised that they didn't say very much about Tom in the last chapter in the "wrap-up" of everyone's lives, except that Olivia named her son Tommy, presumably after Tom.

I was also confused on page 368, the second to last paragraph says that Holly isn't divorced, but the rest of the chapter makes it sound like she is... Does anyone get that, or is it maybe just a typo?

message 3: by Sally (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:01PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sally Ellingson I guess in some way Tom's role was fulfilled. They are all back together in each others lives. It is known that Tom is in all of their hearts. That was portrayed throughout the whole book. Now the wrap-up just shows that they have all stayed true to Tom with remaining in touch and true to themselves with the way they are leading their lives.

I did not catch page 368 at first. I think it is a typo though, I did notice quite a few typos while reading through the book.

I am so happy that Holly finally found a friend and a lover in one, Saffron and P are together and happy, and Olivia had the baby, had the guts to tell the father and bring him into the babies life, and that Paul and his wife are there to help her and that Paul's wife has been able to approach the situation with nothing but love and no jealousy.

I think that they have all taken full advantage of their second chance and everyones lives are fuller now.

message 4: by Julie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:02PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Julie (jooliaaah) i didn't like the ending. at all. i thought it was sloppily thrown together. i agree with sally, tom's death brought them all back together - something that tom would have wanted. at the same time, i agree with ashley, not much was said about tom and that was frustrating. it's like the author forgot what the whole point of the book was and just hurried to end things which resulted in an ending that was not realistic. i just didn't like the haphazard way the book ended.

i'm still glad i read the book. i finished it quickly which means it certainly entertained me. i just didn't feel very accomplished after finishing it. i felt frustrated.

message 5: by Jessica (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:10PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jessica (jessmorgan03) It ends with a toast that brings in the title of the book but not the person that brought them together so I agree with you ladies that it was frustrating they didn't talk about Tom. The toast should have included him. I agree with you Jooliaaah that the end was thrown together, while I like that she didn't make everyone have a perfect happily ever after I think she could have spent a little more time wrapping it up...I mean we spent all that time investing in the characters. All in all it was a good book though.