Novel Readers discussion

Historical Romances Anyone?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Yvette (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:55PM) (new)

Yvette | 5 comments I just discovered Mary Balogh over the summer and I really like her books. They are so romantic and descriptive. So far, the ones I've read are total chicklit and it will not make you feel smarter when you are done (lol), but they are very entertaining.

Another wonderful author that falls under this category is, Isabel Allende. Her writing is fantastic. Daughter of Fortune and Portrait in Sepia are by far my favorite books. If you have not read these books and like historical romances I highly recommend them.

Have any of you read anything from these authors? If so, how do you like them? If not, are there any other historical romance books you can recommend?

message 2: by Crystal (new)

Crystal Jewell Killeen (ckilleen24) I really like the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. They are Historical Romance.. and the characters are wonderful especially Jamie! :-) lol If you like Historical Romance you have probably heard or already read these. I just thought I would mention them just in case you hadn't. Have a great day!
Outlander

message 3: by Yvette (new)

Yvette | 5 comments I so can tell from my review, I read it and really liked it! Can't wait to read the other books of the series.

message 4: by Jamie (new)

Jamie E. (jamie519) I'm five years late in responding, but I adored Widow of the South. It was dark, but lovely.