Nature-loving, Tree-hugging hippies discussion

Growing

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marit ^_^ (new)

Marit ^_^  | 9 comments Chives are best grown in the ground, because we have some at our house. They taste quite delicious.

Give the little guy, lots of water and sunlight,
trim away the dead leaves so new ones can grow in, and one more thing, don't let your mom touch it. I would also suggest researching info about growing them.

message 2: by Amber (new)

Amber I want chives!!!!!!LOL!

message 3: by Marit ^_^ (new)

Marit ^_^  | 9 comments come to my house, and fill up!

message 4: by Tom (new)

Tom Mueller | 5 comments I bought one packet of Grandpa Ot's Morning Glory seeds [an heirloom variety from an etailer:] several years ago. I've been harvesting the seeds since then, sharing with relatives and friends . . . and growing a fence FUL every year since I first got them. They produce beautiful lavender flowers all summer long.

message 5: by Tom (new)

Tom Mueller | 5 comments Others I'm especially fond of include a Sweet Gum tree grown from a seed a friend gave me. That guy is about 3 years old, probably 15 feet high.

Another is a Holly vomitorium (I guess the berries produced by the females are toxic to people), which looks kinda like a weeping willow. I got this one in a one gal. container, less than a foot high. It's a female (red berries that birds like), about 12 feet tall.