Bloggers Unite™ discussion

Blogs... > Virtual Book Tours...Your Opinion?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stacy-Deanne (new)

Stacy-Deanne Stacy-Deanne (wwwgoodreadscomstacydeanne) | 9 comments Hi All,

I am thinking of having someone set up a virtual book tour for me. I wondered if anyone had experience with these and can give me some opinions. I want to make sure this is something I should put time into before actually doing it.

I've heard they were fun for authors but I wanted to know if they actually do help sell books. I know exposure is good no matter what, but still, since I am thinking of paying someone to do this, I'd like to know as much as I can before dishing out the dough, LOL. I appreciate anyone's opinions.

Best Wishes!

message 2: by Bobbie (last edited Sep 04, 2008 01:49AM) (new)

Bobbie  Crawford | 197 comments Mod
I'm sorry that I have nothing to add here...this is pretty much the first time I've heard of these VBT's.
Hopefully we get a lot of great info. on this topic for you Stacy, from some of our other Group members :)

message 3: by Jean (last edited Sep 05, 2008 10:01AM) (new)

Jean Holloway (jeanholloway) | 10 comments Hi,
I'm an avid believer in VBTs. Through Nia Promotions, I've gotten some great Internet radio interviews & caught the attention of some bloggers as far away as Germany (sure couldn't do that on my budget! ;o)
I also think it's one of the reasons 'Ace of Hearts' was nominated in the Mystery category for the 2008 African American Literary Awards Show!
As far as sales, I have to say I'm sure it has helped somewhat since I can reach out to folks all over the planet & have had sales fom Canada & England.'Ace' is moving slow & steady (thank God)
If U have a moment, please go to my website: http://www.deckofcardz.com, click on “Special Announcements” and vote for me. I’m up against some biggies! Walter Mosley! Unreal!
This is so exciting!!
Voting ends TODAY! Feel free to spread the word (& the link ;o)
Thanks, in advance, for your vote.
Heartfully Yours,
Jean

message 4: by Rowena (new)

Rowena (rowenacherry) | 12 comments Stacy-deanne

You might be interested in the free newsletter that Penny Sansevieri publishes (amarketingexpert.com).

If you contact Penny, do please tell her that Rowena Cherry sent you...not that there is anything in it for me.

This is a quote:

Virtual Author Tour Success Stories
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you're still not convinced that the Virtual Author Tour (TM) pays off, consider these examples: A social networking page we built on Squidoo for one title we worked with, Rules for Renegades, became so successful it actually outranked her books page on Amazon. And for another book, our video tour gave Alex Webster and the Gods 3,500 new incoming links to his website; at the start of the tour he had practically no visitors to his site.
If you haven't considered touring yourself virtually, you might want to. For more information on how we conduct our Virtual Author Tour (TM), send a quick email to: virtualauthortours@getresponse.com

WHO ARE WE
Author Marketing Experts, Inc. is a full-service book marketing, promotion, and publicity company. We serve authors at all stages of marketing and promotion. We offer a full range of packages and services to choose from.
To see a price list or schedule a free consultation, send your e-mail to penny@amarketingexpert.com with the subject line "Author Services Info." You can also visit our Web site at www.amarketingexpert.com.

Reprint permission
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~
You are welcome to reprint any items from "The Book Marketing Expert Newsletter." However, please credit us as a source with the following paragraph:

Reprinted from "The Book Marketing Expert newsletter," a free ezine offering book promotion and publicity tips and techniques. http://www.amarketingexpert.com

Copyright 2008 Author Marketing Experts, Inc. --------------------------------------------------- ---------
Contact Information
email: penny@amarketingexpert.com
web: http://www.amarketingexpert.com

message 5: by Stacy-Deanne (new)

Stacy-Deanne Stacy-Deanne (wwwgoodreadscomstacydeanne) | 9 comments Thanks all!