Houston discussion

Houston area museums

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rosemary (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:55PM) (new)

Rosemary Houston has some odd and interesting museums. Does anyone have a particular favorite or recommendation? The Funeral Museum is one of my favorites in NW Houston. Has anyone been to the new Weather Museum?

message 2: by Margaret (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:57PM) (new)

Margaret | 1 comments I haven't been to the Weather Museum - but my husband has been trying for years to get me to got to the Telephone Museum in the Heights. I'm thinking of taking him for his next birthday. (:

message 3: by Rosemary (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:57PM) (new)

Rosemary Then made you can go to the Fire Museum and the Police Museum for your anniversary.

message 4: by Caroline (new)

Caroline | 2 comments The Museum of Printing History is a good way to spend an hour or two. Its close to Waugh and W Gray, and is completely free.

Its cool to go when they have people working in the bookbinding workshop, or the printing workshops.

message 5: by Rosemary (new)

Rosemary I agree. The Museum of Printing History is a little paradise for booklovers. I took a paper making workshop there one day and thoroughly enjoyed it and treasure my few sheets of creamy handmade paper.

message 6: by GG (new)

GG (gghusaksbcglobalnet) | 2 comments I'm sure everybody has been to the Museum of Fine Arts. But just wanted to focus on its recently opened exhibit from the Kabul Museum in Afghanistan. It shows a lot of art that was thought to be destroyed, but it turns out that museum personnel had hidden things, even from the Taliban. Houston is the first place in the U. S. to have it.

GG Husak,
Author of PASSEGGIATA
www.PasseggiataItalia.com

message 7: by Rosemary (new)

Rosemary Thanks, GG. Below is another Afghan-related exhibit by artist Lisa Qualls:

The work in "Songs of Love" is inspired by Pashtun women's songs collected by the Afghan poet Sayd Bahodine Majrouh. The songs speak about love, desire, longing and passion for life.

Also showing Marilyn Lanfear.
Artists' reception Saturday March 7, 2009 from 6-9 pm
March 7-28, 2009
Koelsch Gallery, 703 Yale St, Houston, TX, 77007 713-626-0175
Hours: T-Sat 11-6

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&...

Hope to see you there!

Lisa

www.lisaqualls.com
http://lisaqualls.blogspot.com