Chick Lit discussion

Your favorite chick lit book?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Allison (new)

Allison (sockweasel) If you had to choose ONE chick lit book as your favorite, what would it be? :)

message 2: by Brandie (new)

Brandie (brandiemichelle) Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin. First book of hers that I read and I LOVED it. I've read more of hers and I loved them too.

message 3: by Allison (new)

Allison (sockweasel) Oooh, that is a good one, Brandie. :)

My favorite would have to be The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella. I love it. It's the first chick lit book I read and it always makes me laugh.

message 4: by Jen B (new)

Jen B (jennybee618) That's a tough question! :) I have several favorites, but the ultimate for me is the one that started my obsession with the genre: Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding. (But I have to admit that I thought the movie was actually better than the book!)

message 5: by Brandie (new)

Brandie (brandiemichelle) I loved The Undomestic Goddess, too!! I've loved everything I've read by Sophie Kinsella.

And Bridget Jones' is good too. That movie is one of my all time favorites.

message 6: by Liz (new)

Liz | 13 comments This is so tough!

Jemima J Jane Greene
Good in Bed Jennifer Weiner

message 7: by Kim (new)

Kim This is a toss up & these books are totally different, but mine would be either
Lucy Sullivan is getting Married - Marian Keyes
OR
The Perfect Manhattan - Leanne Shear

message 8: by Jenn (new)

Jenn | 11 comments This is really hard. My top 2 are Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding (I loved the book and thought it was better than the movie) and On the Verge by Ariella Papa

message 9: by Jenger (new)

Jenger (jengerj) | 18 comments I'd have to go with the book that started it all for me - Bridget Jones' Diary by Helen Fielding. I've reread it several times over the many years since it was first published and still laugh. After that it would be something by Sophie Kinsella.

message 10: by Ashley (new)

Ashley  (angelashly) | 30 comments Something Borrowed-Emily Giffin
Babyville-Jane Green

message 11: by Allison (new)

Allison (sockweasel) Wow, so many of you have Bridget Jones' Diary as your favorite. I've never read that one, I guess I should pick it up! :)

message 12: by Kourtney (new)

Kourtney (familywithbooks) | 53 comments Oohh that's tough. It's a toss up between my first chick-lit book (LA Woman by Cathy Yardley) and Fishbowl by Sarah Mylnowski. But then there's Remember Me by Sophie Kinsella creeping it's way in...and A Total Waste of Makeup by Kim Gruenenfelder...my list goes on and on

message 13: by Beth (last edited Sep 07, 2008 07:55AM) (new)

Beth (izzysmum) | 6 comments I absolutely loved this book (Something Borrowed). Afer I finished it, I immediately went out and read the other 3 books she has written... Something Blue was almost equally as good but the last 2 - Baby Proof & Love the One You're With...they were just OK.. I will still be all over it when number 5 comes out though!

message 14: by Meghann (new)

Meghann | 6 comments There are so many that I love, but I think my all-time favorite is Jemima J.

message 15: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (djb1311) | 7 comments I have to say, my first Chick Lit books were by Sue Margolis and I loved her writing, however, if we are talking about all time favorites, its hands down Good In Bed or Jemima J.

I also started reading some Sophie Kinsella and I really liked Can you Keep a Secret?

As for Bridget Jones....while I liked the story, I liked the movie much more!