YA Paranormal and Fantasy Book lovers discussion

The Hunger Games > Quesions about The Hunger Games?

Comments (showing 1-10)    post a comment »
dateUp arrow    newest »

message 10: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (WaterSpout) You have no idea. I didn't even feel sleepy when I decided to go to sleep. Or maybe you do. :))

message 9: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (kwakwa) | 9 comments Gale? i liked him for a bit but Peeta is way better! 3am is impressive! i can't imagine anyone who didn't stay up half the night reading it! i haven't read Uglies, it looks good though, i'll have to add it to my list!

message 8: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (WaterSpout) Have you read Uglies yet? I think you'll like it if you liked the Hunger Games.

message 7: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (WaterSpout) I love GALE!!! This is war!!! Haha, just kidding. I stayed up until 3 AM just to read Catching Fire. Not yet done though. :))

message 6: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (kwakwa) | 9 comments ohhh i wish i could read them for the first time again!!! they're all so exciting i can't decide which one was my favourite and i loved peeta!

message 5: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (WaterSpout) Just finished it about an hour ago! IT was AMAZING!! I would literally give an evil glare at anyone who tried to stop me from reading The Hunger Games! :)) I am going to read the whole series, even if I didn't like it because I already have all of them. :D Now that I think about it, I never considered not reading the whole series. :P

There was a point when they just kept on dying and I wasn't able to keep track of who died anymore. There was one point, though, that I knew there was a mistake. It said there were some of them left and then nobody died yet and the number's already down by one.

Anyway, I totally loved the book! It can actually stand on it's own, but there's a new problem, so... ^_____^

message 4: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (kwakwa) | 9 comments no problem! oh it gets better! let us know what you think and if you're going to read the whole series!

message 3: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (WaterSpout) Thanks! No wonder I got the adding wrong, I was using 4 instead of 3 for Katniss. :))

I like it so far but I'm only in chapter 3. :D

message 2: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (kwakwa) | 9 comments Katniss got the tesserae for herself, her mum and Prim every year since she turned 12 so that puts her name in 15 times (each year it accumulates). but she also had 1 slip put in each year after she turned 12 and she was 16, so that's another 5 which - 20

Gale took the tesserae for himself, his mum and 3 siblings which is 5 slips every year for 7 years = 35. he was 18 so he had 7 put in for his age so that 7 plus the 35 for the tesserae is 42

i always check the working out too! just in case it becomes important later or something, hope you're enjoying the book i thought it was great!

message 1: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (WaterSpout) I just have one question about this but you can post your own questions, too, if you like, so let's help each other, okay? :)

I'm super strict about numbers so if I see any adding or subtracting in a book, I really check if the author got the numbers right.

It's about the tesserae. I was wondering how Katniss got 20 slips of paper while Gale got 46. I tried doing the math but failed. Can someone explain it to me?

unread topics | mark unread