The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari discussion

About the Book!!!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 63 (63 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Mohammed (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:10AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mohammed This book discusses about sacrifice n stuff.......
Read it its really nice........

message 2: by Lloyd (new)

Lloyd Pinto This book by Robin Sharma is an excellent book which has given my life a new direction

Baby PearL amazing !!

Rosun Rajkumar Loved it! This is one book which propelled me to meditate and take up yoga. Inspiring and worth a read!

Pranaya It's a great book! Reading it helped me concentrate much better.

Arun Do you want to drastically change your life? Do you want to see beauty even in dirt? Do you want to see sunshine in your life? Do you want to be able to control your fate? Do you think you need some guidance? Do you want to achieve? Do you want to feel new colourful dimensions in your life? Then, just grab this. Do not hesitate... Robin Sharma is the best contemporary leadership guru that I know....

Rosun Rajkumar I might hesitate to say the book was 'life-changing' but it actually did. There is something very positive in the small, day-to-day things he talks about.

Nithin nice inspiriting book nicely going through sagas

Ahmad Qassab Bashi Great book I really love it

message 10: by Aakansha (last edited Mar 28, 2012 08:50AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Aakansha Jain I just couldn't convince myself to like this book! This book has got some really good reviews, appreciation and recognition but I can't seem to explain why!
All the suggestions come across to be very much obvious to anyone. Everyone knows that vegetarianism, meditation, a strict routine, focus, determination, and all the other things author preaches can really make a difference if followed seriously. There's nothing new...It's like a compilation of all the things my parents, teachers and moral science book in the school taught me as a child!!
Nothing about his book except its title inspired me :P
Yet i think that this is a really good book for a spiritually dead person. But then again i don't think that anyone needs a book to improve their lives, it all lies within the power of your subconscious mind. All you need to do is spend some time with yourself, and i don't need some professional speaker to tell me all this!

message 11: by Lubna (new) - rated it 1 star

Lubna I found it long winded and not that well written. But, as Julian in one of the chapters says: “You need not apply every strategy to make your life work. Try the techniques and use those that feel right to you”. This makes a lot of sense, even as not everything in this book does. You can read my review on:
http://booksonmyshelves.blogspot.in/2...

Gaurav Kothari really an amazing book to read......i would advice you to read it 2 or 3 page per day.....to get its real message...and take some time out to understand the what Robin Sharma actually wanna say!

Vicky This book motivates and boostups optimism..luv to read all pages.. i learned more from this book.. infact i tel with my friends that i have learned 250 new informations (250pages) from this book, every page has a new information.. Robin sharma is one of preferable author for ma reading..

Vidhi Panchal Really most amazing book 4 ever..!that changed my life..!

Zahabiya the techniques are good to practice. its a must read book.

Kamal @Aakansha, I could not have agreed more. Your review echo my sentiments about the book too.

Pradnya Chavan no doubt the book is inspring and the title of the book is intriguing but i agree with @Aakansha ,the techniques are nothing new,and all of them are not practically possible to implement in a day as we live very busy lives.i have already read books on spirituality and self improvement so the content was nothing new to me...according to me,the other book of this writer 'who will cry when u die' is very short and sweet and teaches you how to appreciate life in few words

Paranthaman Mano Great book

Paranthaman Mano Great book

Tee27 I rarely reread books, but I'm sure to read this one again, from time to time, as it has changed my life!

message 21: by Hugh (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hugh Reddox a good read,uplifting,on a sense of who,how and can I,course you can.

Manish Aakansha wrote: "I just couldn't convince myself to like this book! This book has got some really good reviews, appreciation and recognition but I can't seem to explain why!
All the suggestions come across to be ve..."

thanks for telling the truth

message 23: by cks (new) - rated it 4 stars

cks Good read, nice philosophies...

Sulabh Mahajan This book lead me to stick to our nature and stay raw.. Like the indigenious forest people.. To live with the nature..

Sandeep  Ruhela If you are already in some kind of stress and struggling , you may like it to an extent where you will recommend it to everyone and it will really help you a lot. Masterpiece by Robin Sharma, takes you to a different world away from everyday's stress, struggle and harsh life.

message 26: by Dinesh (new) - added it

Dinesh kumar bangia it is a commendable writing by robin sharma

Ashish Kotha Monk who sold his ferrari is a very overated and boring book........lots of other better self help books are there......Who will cry when you die was also better than this!!!

Sulabh Mahajan its in no way boring, but is rather enlighting..

Sandeep  Ruhela All those who could connect with the content appreciate and those who were already in different state of mind just missed the message and found it boring. It is as simple as that...

Ashish Kotha there are lots of book which are as much enlightening as u consider monk who sold his ferrari and also much more attention grabing..........Its d way of writing that robin sharma isnt capable of ,an overhyped writer

message 31: by Ashish (last edited Jan 13, 2013 09:17AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ashish Kotha anyways just putting my opinion everybody has diffrent tastes in case of writers

Sandeep  Ruhela Yes, thts a wise comment and I agree. It is the taste, the context, the mindset.
Do recommend the writers and their work, whom are you talking about. I would love to read.

Ashish Kotha for starters read Tough_Times_Never_Last_but_Tough_People_Do much more practical.....Also I find chicken soup for the soul much better in improvin ones life and appreciateing the people around us

Also I am not that into spritualiy so nt in a position to recommend one of those

Rajiv I read 3 years ago and truly enjoyed it.

Shwetank Dazed and confused after reading so many positive reviews about the book. What is puzzling is that everyone has written about how the book made their lives change. Everyone, almost everyone with the same opinion. No perspectives? No abberations from what you think? Or is it the first time you read about monks and voluntarily retired individuals? P.S. I am writing from a developing country !

sweta singh I read this a few years ago n its a good book u can go thru once......that's it...no lyf altering experiences im sorry.....
bt its true...

message 37: by cks (new) - rated it 4 stars

cks thats true!!! no life altering experiences, but it all depends...
I still remember the 1st print of this book was about 150-200 pages, but the latest one is sizeable compared to the first version!!!

Ayesham561 I'm currently reading it and taking it very slow , too precious.

Akanksha Sharma some books change ur life ! this book is one of them...

Khyati Antrolia This is an awesome book. It changes your life and brigs in a new transformation in you

Prabha One of the worst books ever written!

message 42: by Thi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Thi Mohammed wrote: "This book discusses about sacrifice n stuff.......
Read it its really nice........"

i really like this book and it makes me realized how lucky i am to be a muslim. this book doesnt clearly state what is the purpose of life(they ask us to discover by ourself) and the details how to live one,however does state about general ideas. but i can totally relate all the points given in this book with islam.

the mantras-the zikir, quran
the yoga, mind concentration-the act of solah itself
the purpose of life- to worship God
the simplicity- islam teaches us to be in moderation always
ritual of early awakening-first prayer, the dawn prayer
ritual of nourishment-islam teaches us to eat when hungry n stop before full.
time-surah al-asr
and alot more.everything just make sense now.

now i really appreciate my religion more. islam gives me a full recipe of happiness. i just need to practice it now and my life is going to change, InsyaAllah. Alhamdulillah.

Nyawira Brings into perspective different world views, things we already have within us yet do not take the extra mile to bring out. Its the simplicity the practices are brought out with that make it worth the read.

Pradyumna Sharma Aakansha wrote: "I just couldn't convince myself to like this book! This book has got some really good reviews, appreciation and recognition but I can't seem to explain why!
All the suggestions come across to be ve..."

ur review is good, but reading a book can remind us things for our selves and our subconscious mind.

Jamal Abri كتاب محفز من الدرجة الأولى .. أعتقد جزماً بأن الافكار المستوحاه لهذا الكتاب ليست من البوذية فقط ..بينما هو من الممارسات وأفكار الدين الاسلامي الحق التي أهملها المسلمون للأسف .. إجمالاً الكتاب رائع

Leyla Perfect book!

Slow Man We are only human... who are forgetful. We shouldn't be too harsh on ourselves. Yes, this book offers no new concepts or breakthroughs BUT and a big BUT, it presented the often forgotten fundamental rituals of living in a little fable which somehow sells nowadays (look at The last Lecture, Who move my cheese and Tuesday with Morrie). I am just glad this one does not feel cheesy.

message 48: by Tushar (last edited Apr 07, 2014 11:17AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tushar Rastogi very nice book have started reading it and i think will be finishing it in a couple of weeks because of my busy schedule. so far its going good. really liked the characters and the storyline.

message 49: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna V. I wish I could remember all the things in it ... and do the rituals regularly.. huh

message 50: by Tushar (last edited Apr 13, 2014 10:46AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tushar Rastogi I will be completing this book and then will be posting my reviews.

« previous 1