Christian Readers discussion

Any LOST fans

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ted (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:10AM) (new)

Ted Rohe (vangelicmonk) | 16 comments This is a shamless plug for my own group site, but if anyone is a LOST fan, come and join my LOST Book Club. They always have interestng books on LOST that is part of the story line (kinda).

If this plug is not appropriate and the moderator has to delete it I completely understand. God Bless.

message 2: by Sara (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:11AM) (new)

Sara (thecrazygal) I have watched a few of the LOST um...episodes on TV, but they never really made sense to me. Maybe I should have watched the very first show.

message 3: by Ted (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:11AM) (new)

Ted Rohe (vangelicmonk) | 16 comments You should rent Season One DVD. I do warn you that you will most likely get addicted to the show, but you can be happy that you have Season 2 and eventually Season 3 on DVD so you can watch at will.

message 4: by Nina!!!! (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:12AM) (new)

Nina!!!! | 4 comments From what I hear LOST is a very interesting show. I look foward to watching it myself...but i still have not done so.

message 5: by Clara (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:12AM) (new)

Clara Dearmore Strom I "accidently" came upon watch one 2 seasons ago and watched a couple of episodes that I thought were good. Then they started all the hype about the show and it put me off of it. Seemed like it turned into a soap opera and that was it for me.

message 6: by Ted (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:13AM) (new)

Ted Rohe (vangelicmonk) | 16 comments Most people (including me) get pulled into the story because of the mysteries on the Island, but also because we are interested in the Characters.

Character development and the ideas of "redemption vs. wrongs" and "fate vs. free will" with character stories and of course the general arc of the story of these people trying to get off the island/understand the Island.

It has some small aspects of it being a bit "soap opera" like with the love triangle, but really there is a larger story of broken people seeking redemption which is a similar story to us. It isn't a Christian show in the least, but it is a philosophical show.

message 7: by Christie (new)

Christie Hagerman (HammockLibrarian) | 7 comments I'm a LOST addict! My husband and I watch faithfully (it's our date night with popcorn on the couch) each week, analyzing and overanalyzing the plot twists. I love the way you never know if you're jumping ahead into the future or flashing back into the past. We find a lot of symbolism in it (we find that everywhere, I guess) of our Christian walk and use selected moments in our youth group lessons at times. My all time favorite moment was the ending of the phone conversation when Desmond and Penny "find" each other again, but it's followed by a close second with the moment when Mr. Echo confronts the black shadow monster, which, of course, represented to me his coming to terms with his sin, and struggling with condemnation/conviction. I get chills thinking of it. He held his ground and stared it in the eye. I could go on and on, but point is, yep, I'm a big fan!

message 8: by Sara (new)

Sara (thecrazygal) I watch it now because there's nothing better. I think I DID watch the first few shows and then a few each season. But I stopped caring about it so much when they suddenly introduced the whole weird project thing and the one big guy going insane, the seeing the future and everything. It just got way too...weird.

message 9: by Skylar (new)

Skylar Burris (skylarburris) I love Lost, but I'm not building my reading list based on what happened to survive the wreckage!

message 10: by Arielle (new)

Arielle | 2 comments Lost, woo hoo! I second what Christie said. We have rented all three of the first seasons and watched them all since about the first of the year.

message 11: by Daphne (new)

Daphne (DMarie) I'm a LOST addict as well. My husband and I have watched every episode except the very last one (this season's finally) because we were away from a TV on a vacation and didn't think to tape it. Does anyone know if its going to be run on TV again any time soon? Or if there is somewhere online we could watch it?

message 12: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (sandraspeaks) | 1 comments I've seen it --I had DVR'd all the current episodes to watch but my dvr crashed. So I haven't seen this seasons episodes.

It seemed to have left reality from what I've seen of the last episode. They moved the island? It might have been better if they ended the series last season. I love Sawyer! I'd be on an island with him anytime. :) WOW!

message 13: by Eric (new)

Eric | 5 comments I have not determine whether I am a fan. I have seen almost all of the episodes and feel like I know less then I did watching the first...although I do want to see the end.

message 14: by Civilla (new)

Civilla M. | 2 comments Hello All, another LOST! fan here! I can't wait for the new season to begin. Sometimes especially in this past season it has gotten a little creepy,(moving the island, seeing Jin die on the boat but then seeing him buy a panda bear for his boss' wife or daughter or whomever she was) was that past or present? But I'm hanging in there with it. Unfortunately, although I've watched it from day one, if it gets too supernatural, I'm out.