Reading is my escape discussion

■Authors We ♥ A-Z■ > Cassandra Clare (YA)

Comments (showing 1-11)    post a comment »
dateUp arrow    newest »

message 11: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (Zee_Monodee) | 60 comments The TV show is much, much, much better than the movie, though! Deeper characterization, the 'magic' also looks awesome, and the actors fit the parts really well. Love Dominic Sherwood as Jace :)

message 10: by ♠~Dawn~♠, Alpha Dawn - Your Fearless Leader (new)

♠~Dawn~♠ | 198 comments Mod
Zee wrote: "Promised myself I would read The Mortal Instruments asap...then got sucked into being super fangirl of the ShadowHunters TV series now :) But loving it, and still got to read the books"

I haven't seen the TV show but the books are great! I didn't much care for the movie though...

message 9: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (Zee_Monodee) | 60 comments Promised myself I would read The Mortal Instruments asap...then got sucked into being super fangirl of the ShadowHunters TV series now :) But loving it, and still got to read the books

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sbransley) I've followed Cassandra since her days as a fanfiction writer. I still have a copy of the Draco Trilogies. I feel awful that I haven't read more of her published works but they're definitely on my list for this year.

Which series would you guys recommend more?

message 7: by Marie (new)

Marie R. (MarieKR) | 5 comments I just love her books!
Unfortunately I've to wait until the end of the year until I can continue reading her series. When I started with the Mortal Instruments I promised myself that I would only read them in paperback, for the sake of my pocket money. I'm from Germany and Clockwork Angel isn't published here in paperback. I don't want to buy it in the internet because all the bookstores in my hometown are having trouble and I promised myself I'd support them more.
Now I have to wait. But I'm sure it's worth waiting since her books are really good. I love her characters, especially Jace. I have to say I like Jonathan a lot, too, though I know what happens in the end :)
I sometimes have the feeling that Clary doesn't get the obvious. I knew the things with Valentine and Jonathan (I don't want to spoiler so I'm not getting deeper :D ) way before she understood. Hm, maybe that's just my opinion.
I'd recommend this books to everyone who likes this genre, they're just awesome!

message 6: by Shellbelle , The Mad Mod Goddess (last edited Aug 12, 2011 11:17PM) (new)

Shellbelle  | 353 comments Mod
Love Scene from Clockwork Pince*spoiler
http://cassandraclare.livejournal.com...

Dirty Sexy Club Scene from City of Lost Souls This is really intese peeps!love it☺ *spoiler if you havne't read City of FAllen Angels
http://mortalinstruments.com/COLS-DSC...

message 5: by Shellbelle , The Mad Mod Goddess (new)

The new cover for Clockwork Prince is out! And Jem is perfect:D!!!! Clockwork Prince (Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare If you want to see a bigger pic, go to the Judge a Book by it's Cover thread!

message 4: by Shellbelle , The Mad Mod Goddess (new)

I do love Jace, even if it makes me feel like a dirty old lady....LOL

Elyse, I really liked the era of Infernal Devices, it was interesting to see the same shadow hunter world in a different time period! Can't wait for Clockwork Prince...I have to find out more about Will!

message 3: by BITE ME (new)

BITE ME (Biteme84) | 3 comments LOVE LOVE LOVE this book series the mortal instruments it's so amazing but i do love the infernal devices even more i love this era it's depicted in =D

message 2: by Zany Rin, Your Zany PNR Addict! (new)

Zany Rin (zany_rin) | 162 comments Mod
Love these books! Even though they are catagorized as YA they are definite good reads and if those among the group haven't read them I strongly recommend doing so. But remember Mangus Bane is MINE and Jace is shared by Me & Shell!

message 1: by Shellbelle , The Mad Mod Goddess (last edited May 25, 2011 08:37PM) (new)

Cassandra Clare Cassandra Clare (YA)

♥The Mortal Instruments♥
City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) by Cassandra Clare City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra Clare City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5) by Cassandra Clare

♥Infernal Devices♥
Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare Clockwork Prince (Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) by Cassandra Clare

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Clockwork Angel (other topics)
City of Bones (other topics)
City of Fallen Angels (other topics)
City of Lost Souls (other topics)
Clockwork Princess (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Cassandra Clare (other topics)