Goodreads Feedback discussion

Suggestions & Questions > more than one of the identical book

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:53PM) (new)

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) | 8939 comments Every once in a while I accidentally discover I have more than one copy of the same book.

2 things:

I'm wondering if this can happen when I say to change covers and maybe the old one doesn't get deleted?

and

Is there any simple way to check my entire list for duplicates? I guess I can answer that: check all my books in alpha order? Any less time consuming way, by any chance?

Thanks if you have any ideas.

message 2: by rivka, librarian moderator (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:53PM) (new)

rivka | 12272 comments Mod
I'm wondering if this can happen when I say to change covers and maybe the old one doesn't get deleted?

That's what has done it to me, so likely so.

As for the second, I'd love a solution. I've been removing duplicates pretty much by guess and by gosh. I think I've gotten them all, but who knows?

message 3: by Otis, Chief Goodreader (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:53PM) (new)

Otis Chandler | 4184 comments Mod
A find duplicates feature would definitely be neat - we'll try to add one!

message 4: by Karen (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:54PM) (new)

Karen Can't this be done by simply searching within "my books" on your own page? I've done that when I thought I already added a book but wasn't sure. But I do agree, having a duplicate feature would be helpful. Especially if it popped up automatically when you enter the title.

I have to say, I really love the site. I've found so many great books because of someone else's review. And the people you meet online are such a fun group. Thanks to the founders!

message 5: by rivka, librarian moderator (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:54PM) (new)

rivka | 12272 comments Mod
Can't this be done by simply searching within "my books" on your own page?

Karen, sure -- IF you know which book is the suspected duplicate.

This is a wonderful site, isn't it? :)