The Webb Schools Book Club discussion

Welcome Alumni & Friends! > Introduce Yourself

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (last edited Sep 01, 2008 10:21AM) (new)

Laura Wensley | 27 comments Mod
Love dogs, sushi and Marian Keyes! I've worked at Webb since November 2003.

message 2: by January (new)

January (janmjohnson) | 2 comments Jan Mitchell Johnson--VWS '86. My goal for 2008 was to read at least 2 books a month EVERY month, and so far I'm averaging that! I read mostly non-fiction, though my Amazon wish list has plenty of fiction titles on it. I look forward to some great discussions here!

message 3: by Douglas (new)

Douglas (douglasl9) | 1 comments Douglas Lee class of 96. My goal this year was to read 52 books. To date, I have read 32. I am tied with my record (which was 32 last year), but am bummed I will not hit 52.

message 4: by Russell (new)

Russell Traughber (Traughber) I'm a friend of a friend whose three sons went to Webb, plus I have lived in the area for many years. I'm also the author of DRIVING THE BIRDS, a memoir I wrote for a Liberian woman, Jabonkah Sackey, who grew up in the bush as part of the Gola tribe, during the mid 1950's.

The University of La Verne, will be producing a video for La Verne TV about Jabonkah and how telling her childhood story, after 57 years of secrecy, in DTB has set her free from her painful but courageous past.

Anyway, glad to be here...

Russell Traughber