Harry Potter discussion

Personal Preferences > what would your careers be after hogwarts?

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Peng (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:53PM) (new)

Peng | 317 comments aurors would be the coolest but it would not suit me since i suffer mental blankness at crucial times. so i'd go as a curse-breaker like bill weasley. i do wanna go to the pyramids. ^_^

message 2: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:53PM) (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) I would be a teacher at hogwarts. I think it's the coolest job a person could have.

message 3: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:53PM) (new)

Meghan | 686 comments You know, I think I'd want to work in the Department of Mysteries. It would be pretty cool to work on things back there. After that I'd want to be a hogwarts teacher. I think I'd freak out if I were an auror

message 4: by Peng (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:54PM) (new)

Peng | 317 comments yeah, meghan, that's what i thought, too. but what if you get assigned in the highly secretive things? then you'll be one of the unspeakables and won't be able to talk to anyone! ^_^

message 5: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:55PM) (new)

Meghan | 686 comments Hey I'd still talk to people. I just wouldn't talk to them about work> ;)

message 6: by Tara (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:55PM) (new)

Tara (tara_n) | 83 comments Hmm, I think I'd either like to be a Hogwarts professor or work somewhere in the Ministry. I don't think I'd want to be an auror either. I just don't think I could handle it. Although, if my current career path is any indication, I guess I'd be working in the Magic Law Department with Hermione. Man, I need to get into a new profession :)

message 7: by Steph (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:56PM) (new)

Steph (kitsune_chan) | 47 comments I would love to teach at Hogwarts, but I think an Auror would be cool as well.

message 8: by Amy Marie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:56PM) (new)

Amy Marie (amy_marie97) | 26 comments I actually gave that a lot of thought during the 5th book after the career books. I love animals, so I could really see myself working with animals - whether animagus's, Transfiguration, or dragons and pixies, and phoenix o my! Yeah, most certainly something with magical creatures.

If that fell through, or if i got bitten,...
I love public speaking, so i could see myself being some sort of spokesmen for the Ministry (under Kingsley of course, none of the other wack-o ministers)

message 9: by Sarthak (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:56PM) (new)

Sarthak | 1 comments yeah i wld also lke to be an auror like moody

message 10: by Marlo (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:57PM) (new)

Marlo | 6 comments I would love to be a wand-maker like Ollivander :) if not that then a Hogwarts professor would be nice too.

message 11: by Rachel (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:57PM) (new)

Rachel ooh, a wandmaker. that'd be awesome. i think, however, i would like to work at the weasley's shop. maybe i wouldn't make tons of cash, but it would be sooo much fun!

message 12: by Marlo (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:57PM) (new)

Marlo | 6 comments Ok! I would officially like to change my answer to what Rachel said..... working in the weasley shop would definitely be amazingly awesome!

message 13: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:57PM) (new)

Meghan | 686 comments That sounds really cool. But does anyone know if Goerge kept up the shop after Fred's death?

message 14: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:57PM) (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) Meghan,

that is another thing JK could have put in the epilogue.

message 15: by Peng (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:57PM) (new)

Peng | 317 comments yeah, they have an assistant that he was interested in, right? maybe they would continue on with the shop. george has to move on.

message 16: by Beth (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:58PM) (new)

Beth (bibliocat4) JK did answer the question about George in an interview after the last book was out. Yes, George still ran the shop. During one interview she said Ron joined him and they did quite well but in a different interview, she said Ron was an Auror.