The Complete Idiots Guide to the Ultimate Reading List discussion

Chapter 7: ChickLit & Womens Lit > Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by MJ, Idiot's Top libriarian (new)

MJ | 1332 comments Mod
Rachel and Darcy have been best friends since grade school. But when Rachel startes having an affair with Darcy's fiance things change. This is the only time when I was rooting for the "other" woman. Rachel is an awesome character that makes you cross your fingers that she ends up with the guy.

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa I think this is the only time I've ever rooted for the "other" woman, too. This was such a bitter sweet story. It was constantly a beginning and ending of all these relationships/friendships. It was so real, too,and you really felt like you knew these people. I liked the second book just as much. The second one follows up with Darcy and finds you changing your mind about her.

message 3: by MJ, Idiot's Top libriarian (new)

MJ | 1332 comments Mod
I have the 2nd one but have not read it yet. I really disliked Darcy and I think thats what stopped me from reading.

message 4: by Melissa (new)

Melissa I did the same thing, but it's so worth it. You totally change your mind about her. It's just as bitter sweet as the first with it's ups and downs, but it really finishes the story of all the characters lives from the first one. I liked Darcy just as much as Rachel by the end of this one.

message 5: by Joanie (new)

Joanie | 103 comments I loved this one. I too have yet to read the 2nd one because I didn't like Darcy. My friend said the same thing you did Melissa, that you wind up liking her. I'll have to pull it off my shelf one day soon.