"Your Politics Are Boring As Fuck" discussion

Purpose?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Flint (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:10AM) (new)

Flint | 14 comments Mod
So, what to do with this?
I know I've been part of more failed reading groups than I can count. This seems to have little to do with the difficulty of the text, and everything to do with people making time to discuss books together collectively; it's just very easy for folks to have other conflicts, or not get to the reading that week, and just stop showing up.

Would folks like to use a group like this just to keep track of other people who have similar interests, or would we like to actually have a reading list and work through it collectively?

message 2: by Jake (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:13AM) (new)

Jake Russo (russojt) | 2 comments i'd like to pick a book and do some reading. it helps me keep up when i have people working beside me on the same task.

I am very much so a novice in a lot of the areas that i would consider this discussion group related to. I was wondering if maybe there could be a nice starter book.

maybe we could actually start a topic setting up a theme for a cirriculum that we would build. and then after we have finalized our curriculum we could start reading the books in it and then discussions could be begun on specific dates.

message 3: by The Once and (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:26AM) (new)

The Once and Future King (caminandoenpradososcuros) | 2 comments Well if they wanted to keep attendence in reading groups for real they would make the time to do so. The excuse that they are too busy and so and so is all Bullshit.

If they wanted to do something then they would do it.

message 4: by D. (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:26AM) (new)

D. (prolelicious) | 1 comments goddamn 'them'. 'they' are always fucking up my world.

message 5: by Mathias (new)

Mathias | 1 comments "I know I've been part of more failed reading groups than I can count." - add one more comrade!

message 6: by Jake (new)

Jake Russo (russojt) | 2 comments not necessarily.

My only problem is that I am not as well-versed as some of the discussions have shown of the other members.