Ratebeer Readers discussion

What religious texts have you read

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Claude S (new)

Claude S | 200 comments I've read most of the bible

I have a book of mormon that looks pretty creepy.

I'd really like to read the Quran... but I've only read excerpts

message 2: by William (new)

William (acknud) I have read bits and pieces of the Bible. Nothing else.

message 3: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Most of the Bible at one time or another. Parts of the Koran for a paper in my Arabic Literature class. And the Torah (which is really just the first 5 books of the Bible but that makes me look smarter if I list stuff twice : )

message 4: by Muzzlehatch (new)

Muzzlehatch | 168 comments I've read the first 5 books of the Bible, Psalms and Proverbs, the Gospels, Acts, Revelation -- intend to read the whole thing at some point, but I guess I'm not at that point yet. It's been a decade or so since I read those parts, and I keep thinking I'll have another go -- very crucial text if one is as serious about literature as I am (or pretend to be), however much I believe or don't believe in what it has to say.

That's about it. Had a comparative religions class in college -- for one or two classes, had to drop it and was disappointed I could never take it again. Badly want to read the Koran at some point; have the Bhagavad-Gita but haven't touched it; also have read Bulfinche's mythology complete as a kid, which probably deserves to be part of the discussion.

message 5: by Northern (new)

Northern K Sunderland I've read the Bible in it's entirety(including the apocryphal books), parts of the book of Mormon(which is basically just a Bizarro version of the Bible), a lot on Buddism, excerpts from the Koran, and Atlus Shrugged.