The Sword and Laser discussion

The Kingkiller Chronicles > Penny Arcade Comic

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eric (last edited Apr 11, 2011 02:45PM) (new)

message 2: by Basil (new)

Basil Godevenos (basilgodevenos) I'm sure this would be funnier if I'd read that far yet. :(

message 3: by Eric (new)

Eric Gardner | 113 comments Quoted from Penny Arcade's Blog: "We called up Pat Rothfuss, who was wasting away at some kind of romance convention, to show him our new strip before it went up. It was important to us that he know it came from a place of love. Gabriel wanted to warn people about spoilers for those who have yet to read A Wise Man's Fear, or The Name Of The Wind for that matter, but I told him - correctly - that if a person hasn't read these books yet, they are villains, and we need not concern ourselves with their writhings."

message 4: by terpkristin (new)

terpkristin | 4203 comments :)

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I gotta say, I love Gabe's little reviews of books on that news page.

message 6: by Basil (new)

Basil Godevenos (basilgodevenos) Eric wrote: "Quoted from Penny Arcade's Blog: "We called up Pat Rothfuss, who was wasting away at some kind of romance convention, to show him our new strip before it went up. It was important to us that he kn..."

Hey - if it weren't for Blindsight, I'd be well past halfway through The Wise Man's Fear. I can only juggle so many narrative threads at a time!

message 7: by Eric (new)

Eric Gardner | 113 comments Penny Arcade has vastly expanded on the comic with this episode of PATV http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/pa-t...

message 8: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (halfadd3r) I'm not sure where to post this, so I will put it here.

I'm AFRAID to read this series now. It's been so hyped between Penny Arcade and the show, I'm worried that nothing can live up to the expectations.

By the second chapter I'd pretty much have to feel at one with the universe now to not feel like I'm reading the wrong book!

message 9: by Sanjiv (new)

Sanjiv | 21 comments The books not that great. Not as you read it. Not till later....Not until it's too late.

Actually, it's the re-read, and mulling things over in your head that really get you. I'd say that Blindsight hit me stronger and more immediately on the read through.