Goodreads Feedback discussion

Suggestions & Questions > UI question on Recent Reviews page

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sonya (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:51PM) (new)

Sonya | 2 comments Hi, I just joined Goodreads, so forgive me if this has already been brought up.

On the main "Recent Reviews" page - the one I see when I first arrive at the site - some of the reviews are truncated with a linked "...more" at the end. I'd assume that clicking on that would take me to the rest of the review, as it does on other sites, but it seems to just link back to the same page I'm looking at. That doesn't seem right at all.

Thanks otherwise for a fascinating site!

message 2: by Laura (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:51PM) (new)

Laura (laurahogan) | 228 comments Clicking on "more" doesn't actually take you to a different page -- rather, it just expands the review you're looking at. On occasion, I've noticed that there are only a couple words, or even sometimes a period or something, that you can't see before you click "more," so the expansion is a bit subtle. Maybe that's what you've run into.

message 3: by Sonya (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:51PM) (new)

Sonya | 2 comments Doh! You're right; it does expand the comment. You're right also that the ones I looked at only had a few characters cut off. Thanks, Laura! I should have looked more closely.