Chicks On Lit discussion

Non Book Talk > Anyone feel behind?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Therese (last edited Aug 26, 2008 04:58PM) (new)

Therese | 60 comments So, I finally have my handson Knitting Circle, Curious Incident, and Wednesday Sisters...I am feeling overwhelmed and terribly behind...Where do I start??? I have dents in Knitting and Curious Incident...

I also don't get to post on her as often as I would like and feel like I am missing out on the fun...and I WANT TO HAVE FUN!!!

;0)

message 2: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 354 comments Personally I'd say if you want to have fun don't stress over not getting to a monthly book club selection. I've been hear for a few months now and actually have not read any of the monthly books. I have regular book club and sometimes its a little stressfull worrying about getting a book done in time or forcing yourself to read when you don't like it.

I decided when I joined this board I was only going to read the stuff that sounded interesting to me. And to be honest this group seems pretty laid back when it comes to the monthly book. There are plenty of other threads that are not about the monthly book.

message 3: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
Don't make yourself stress about it. When reading becomes a chore then I don't think it matters what you read suddenly you don't enjoy it.
Read which one is most interesting to you.

If you want to participate in the author chat then I would read the Knitting Circle book. If that isnt a big deal to you then I would just read the one that grabbed your eye first.

message 4: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) | 467 comments I understand where you're coming from Therese. I feel really super dooper behind, too. It's kind of disheartening, because you see that a zillion people have already finished the September or even the October book, yet it's still August. I am perpetually two months behind. AT LEAST! The last book I read was The Book Thief. What month was that for? Ugh. It's depressing. Because if you're anything like me, you want to participate in the discussion, but people are already so far ahead that it feels like arriving at the party ten minutes before everybody else goes home.

I say you should read September's book so you can at least be reasonably caught up. The others can be read later. And you can always go back and post. Tera doesn't close any of the threads so they'll always be there.

message 5: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (missbrittany) | 336 comments I just finished Curious Incident a few days ago. My library doesn't have Wednesday Sisters yet, and I am 25th in line for Potato Peel.

message 6: by Therese (new)

Therese | 60 comments Thanks for the advice! It's not that I feel stressed...they just all sound so good!!!

message 7: by Kathryne (new)

Kathryne (katiehepburn) | 84 comments Even though there has been a lot of talk about 'Curious Incident' I'm excited to see what others have to say who have read the book later. Also, I know I won't be able to read every book that is reviewed, but it's so much fun to be a part of this group, and I plan to read the ones I have time for.

This really is my 'soft place to land' in my busy life. So, as the old song goes 'Leave your worries on your door step."

Don't I sound layed back? I've been advised to do what I just suggested. :^)

message 8: by Holli (new)

Holli Don't feel behind....I would just start with whatever book you want to read the most :) Out of the three I liked The Wednesday Sisters the most....which one appeals to you more?

message 9: by Cyn (new)

Cyn | 258 comments This is so me.....I also fall asleep whenever I do sit down to read at night. I tend to set books aside when they get slow or tough to make any kind of progress with, as I am having with Curious...dog right now

message 10: by Tabatha (new)

Tabatha (lylathewicked) | 67 comments I do feel behind on my reading. But that's because I really am behind compared to all you avid readers in here. I can only read so much at a time.