Author Promotions for Readers from Writers discussion

Self Publishers

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Grace (new)

Grace | 1 comments What a great idea! Many of us who have self published or who are working with Amazon and non-standard distribution have been looking for a way to get the word out for a while.

message 2: by Trisha (last edited Sep 03, 2008 07:55PM) (new)

Trisha Barnes | 8 comments Mod
Put it here! It's not SHAMELESS self-promotion if it benefits both parties -- the reader and the writer. Just start a thread or an "event" with your book title, where to get it (web address), Is it Google Checkout, Amazon, etc., the code, how long it lasts, and how much off. It'd be great to ask for the favor of a review from the code user. This is a great community and I belive we can thrive outside of "standard" distribution. See my thread "The Klamath Treasure Codes" for an example. Any other ideas?

message 3: by Zishie (new)

Zishie | 2 comments Great idea. I hope other authors post here as well as I am a definite book buyer and discount lover. I'll check back.

message 4: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 2 comments I am also a reader (not published yet) and I appreciate the discount. I'll buy and review as well and also will look in often to see if other authors are adding codes and discounts.

message 5: by Hesperia (new)

Hesperia | 1 comments I hope other authors also post codes here. Anyone else want my money and my review? Let's see some more!

message 6: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 2 comments Great idea.

message 7: by William (new)

William | 3 comments
Hi, This is a discount code for my horror novel Owen's Village. I don't think it will work on Amazon, you have to go to createspace for it to work.

20% off code 7VBRBAXS
Link to store front
https://www.createspace.com/3352050

I have a couple chapters listed on my profile if you would like to read them.
Thank you,
happy reading!

message 8: by Trisha (last edited Sep 17, 2008 10:07AM) (new)

Trisha Barnes | 8 comments Mod
William - Why don't you also add the info to the "events" area on our group page and also feel free to start your own thread with it with your book in the title -- it makes it easier for the random viewer to see that it is available. Thanks for the code -- I'm going to use it.

message 9: by William (new)

William | 3 comments Thanks Trisha

message 10: by Bradley (new)

Bradley | 1 comments Hmmm.. codes.. how weird. =)

http://www.cardshark.com/content/view...

message 11: by Jessie (last edited Jul 09, 2009 11:38PM) (new)

Jessie Tyson (jessiebtyson) | 8 comments Hello everyone, I hope this post is not classed as spamming, although what I do helps authors promote their books. I can produce low cost LITERARY TRAILERS/ READINGS to advertise your books and poetry using different accents.

Prices start low at just $100. If you're interested and want to know more, then fling me an email, thanks. (Oh, I love that "fling" word..ha ha) You will find a few voice samples at the two websites below. If you need something that isn't there yet, just ask me. I'm very easy to work with:

My You Tube Channel - Sample Readings
My Newish Blog

I'm also a new writer in Canada from England. It is difficult for me to learn the differences let alone being a new author too..ha ha. I'm not being vain when I say this, but I know I'm writing a "one day" best seller, as my work is based on a true story about a disabled woman born in 1899. She suffered many trials and tribulations in her long life. Her story has a few twists and turns that are literally OUT of this world! I know I'll need a good editor when I'm finished.

Best of writing luck everyone!

JESSIE