Animals in Fiction discussion

Introduce Yourself Here

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lucianna (new)

Lucianna (lucianna77) | 14 comments Mod
HI thank you for joining my group. feel free to discuss any topics you like!

message 2: by Silver (new)

Silver I think this is a great idea for a group. I love animals in fiction too

message 3: by Lucianna (new)

That is good to hear. Animals are used to teach a lesson in most fiction. I like that.

message 4: by Daysha (new)

Daysha | 5 comments Hi I'm Daysha I love all of clifford books I'm happy to be in this book club

message 5: by Lucianna (new)

Yes Clifford rocks right? He is soo cute! Do you like Curious George too? he is funny.

message 6: by Lucianna (new)

thank you for becoming my friend. I am a children's librarian so if you have a question about a book feel free to ask me. okay?

message 7: by Silver (new)

Silver I loved the clifford books when I was a kid

message 8: by Lucianna (new)

Me too! It's amazing that he is still popular.

message 9: by Daysha (new)

Daysha | 5 comments Yes I love Curious George.Do you like Dora the explorer and Diego I love them to

message 10: by Lucianna (new)

Yes Dora the Explorer and Diego are very cool...
My cousin's kids loves them too! Do you like Hannah Montana or That's so Raven chapter books?

message 11: by Daysha (new)

Daysha | 5 comments I look at that's so Raven show but i never read her books.I'll ask my mom to get them for me.

message 12: by Lucianna (new)

Raven Seymone is a wonderful young lady. she is the one who plays Raven in That's so Raven. I used to watch her on the Cosby Show back in the 1980s'. ask your mom she probably watched the Cosby Show...Raven Seymone played Olivia on the Cosby Show. she is a great person to look up to :)

message 13: by Deborah (new)

Deborah (deborahmacgillivray) | 1 comments Hi, thanks for the invite!

I am and author with Kensington Books, Dorchester books and more. I often write with cats as charaters in my books. I think they really give the readers a key to characters through how the cat reacts to them.

I write Scottish Historicals (no cats) and Contemporary Paranormals (cats play big part). I have an athology out Cat O' Nine Tales, nine novellas and short stories - with, well, cats...lol. Half of all my royalties go to AlleyCats.org to help them rescue feral cats and homeless cats.

message 14: by Jacquie (last edited Aug 26, 2008 07:37PM) (new)

Jacquie (jacquierogers) | 2 comments Who doesn't love animals??? I loved The Little Red Hen, the Billy Goats Gruff, and Clifford when I was little. :)

Now I'm a writer and animals play a big part in most of my books. My next release is Down Home Ever Lovin' Mule Blues. It has a mule (Socrates), an Australian Shepherd (Perseus), a collie-bloodhound mix (Beauty), a skunk (Guinnevere), and some other lovely animals as well. :)

The reason I include animals in my stories is because I can't imagine living without a pet. We only have one cat now--her name is Annie and she's an orange tabby cat. To me, pets complete a family, and you can't build solid characters without a whole family.

Speaking of which, Annie just jumped onto the desk and is now tromping across the keyboard, helping me type. So I guess I'll quit for now. LOL

Jacquie