Queen of Babble in the Big City (Queen of Babble, #2) Queen of Babble in the Big City discussion

What the Cabot? *SPOILERS*

Comments (showing 1-4)    post a comment »
dateUp arrow    newest »

message 4: by Kim (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kim I'm hoping Lizzie marries Chaz. I didn't read the first book, so Luke just came off as a jerk, and Chas seems really warm and caring.

Maddi

1.) They were a super-cute couple, and I had predicted them to end up together, but no relashionship can go off without a hitch. Plus, what fun would perfection be?

2.) I am on a role with these books! I also predicted that would be what was up with Shari and her boss. They ARE cute, and Shari does deserve to be happy, as do we all. :)

3.) Hmmm. Lizzie and Chaz... I think they could make it work.

4.) I'm all for cliff hangers, but that was just plain mean! Lol, jk.

Finally; I think.... I don't know what to think! Lol, she should be like, " I have your best friend upstairs in my warm bed; it's cold out here. Nothing has happened between us yet, woo me!!!"

That's all I have to say!!!

~maddi

Christina I definitely agree with you about the ending - after reading a whole book, it seems like Cabot just wants us to go out and buy another one of her books. Really, really cheap in my mind.

The Chaz thing - I'm unsure, too. I think that if Luke and Lizzie really hadn't worked out, then they could have been a couple. But we'll see what happens in Book 3.

I think that making Luke look like a jerk was probably a natural progression - after all, once you start living together, as Lizzie says in the book, the romance starts going away. However, I think the bigger issue is his not wanting to get married and then just proposing to her a week after she freaks out when he gave her a sewing machine. Maybe a little too forced?

I think we all know she said yes...given that the title of Book 3 is "QoB Gets Hitched".

message 1: by Jane (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:46PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jane Marie First off if you haven't read the book yet and don't want to know what happened then don't read on, I'll give you some time...
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Okay, so onto the discussion. What the Cabot!? I finished this book a week ago and can't stop thinking about it. I can't figure out if I liked it or not.

Here are the things that bugged me most:

1. In the first book, I feel in love with Luke just as Lizze had. So in the 2nd one why does she make him look like, well, like a jerk? The not so-prince-charming she thought he was.

2. Shari, gay? How did that happen, I definitely didn't see THAT one coming. I thought her and Chaz were great, couple of the year for me! But by the end of the book I was definitely digging her and Pat, it's was kind of cute, okay really cute. I was glad that Shari was happy!

3. Lizze and Chas almost hooked up, I can't figure out my feelings on that.

4. The last friekn' sentence of the book! And no answer!! Who does Meg think she is?! Making me wait a year for the next book?

I was shocked, disappointed, confused, and just plain curious about this book. How did she do all of this in one book?

Final Question: What do you want Lizzie to say to Luke?

--Jane Marie

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Queen of Babble in the Big City (other topics)