This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Paranoia

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) I hate to tell you this, but some of you folks just aren't paranoid enough. Or maybe i'm just too paranoid. Either way, i cringe every time i see someone using their actual name online, especially when they make their location public as well. There's really a disturbing amount of information about YOU for those who know where to look-- and no, i ain't tellin'. For the record, i'm not some creepy stalker guy (those penis pics delivered to your door? not me); i've just worked in skip tracing, tracking down contact information for people not paying their mortgages. Which made me a totally legitimate, non-creepy stalker guy.
Some of the stuff we paid to use was flat out scary, and could turn up things like the VIN on any car you own, the names of anyone you've ever lived with, or anywhere you've ever worked. On the plus side, those programs also had very scary terms of use agreements that specify Bad Things happen to people that abuse them. There are an awful lot of free programs out there though, that anyone you happen to annoy on the internet can use to look up your phone number or address...and send you penis pics. Or maybe i'm just paranoid.

Wow, that's an awful lot of typing to say "hide your last name online, you're makin' me nervous."

message 2: by EvilNick (new)

EvilNick hmm. do the numbers 5449 mean anything to you?

message 3: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) Yeah, but no point making it any easier.

Servius  Heiner I never considered myself paranoid but I do misspell my last name on purpose when doing things online.

message 5: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Well, my real name IS Rusty Shackleford, and I'm not afraid to say that I live in Arlen, Texas, right next door to Hank Hill.

Servius  Heiner Now I know where to send all the gag gifts... be prepared Montambo!

message 7: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell "Package"

message 8: by The Crimson Fucker (last edited Aug 23, 2008 12:37PM) (new)

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments I’m sending her my jar of toenails (and they not all my toenails….) to show Montambo how much I like her!

message 9: by Dave (last edited Aug 23, 2008 06:42PM) (new)

Dave Russell Are you pretending not to get my double entendres now?

Servius  Heiner Woe is me... nobody ever gets me. Sniffles. But anyway, back to buring bridges.

message 11: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) Tom! Find me! This'll be fun!!!!!!!!

message 12: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) Hee hee! Dave said "package"
*hi-five*

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.