The Rory Gilmore Book Club discussion

Music, Movies, & Miscellany > Funny GiGi story...

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by whichwaydidshego, the sage of sass (new)

whichwaydidshego | 1996 comments Mod
So I got a text this evening from an old flatmate of mine. I hadn't heard from him in like six months - just fell of the face of the earth for a while. Anyway, this is what the text said after a short greeting:

Hey what's the name of that show you used to love - where the characters talked really fast - is that Gossip Girl?

I just thought that was so hilarious! I knew at least some of you would get a good laugh like I did!

message 2: by Alison, the guru of grace (last edited Aug 23, 2008 10:42AM) (new)

Alison | 1282 comments Mod
See, that is not funny to me. That just makes me mad. (Ha). I've never seen Gossip Girls...but I can imagine any comparison is just blasphemous.

message 3: by whichwaydidshego, the sage of sass (new)

No-no! He couldn't remember the name and that's what he came up with. I just thought it was so funny that that is the reason he contacted me after six months of silence... to find out the name of the show with the characters talked really fast. He'd watch Gilmore Girls with me if he was home without his girlfriend, too.

message 4: by Alison, the guru of grace (new)

O.K...if he watched the Girls, he must not be too bad. :)

message 5: by whichwaydidshego, the sage of sass (last edited Aug 24, 2008 01:11AM) (new)

Alison, since we're both online, can I just ask... how on earth does one acquire a mosquito bite on one's bum? Particularly as I've been dressed the whole of the day. It's driving me insane with the itching!

message 6: by Alison, the guru of grace (last edited Aug 24, 2008 01:15AM) (new)

Well...I can think of a few ways. Either you were outside sans clothing, or you had on loose clothing and got a mosquito in your pants. The mosquitos down here will bite through your clothes, too...so that's a possibility.

You need to get some hydrocortisone cream or benadryl cream and rub on it. And get some OFF for next time. They make it now that smells pretty.

message 7: by whichwaydidshego, the sage of sass (last edited Aug 24, 2008 01:23AM) (new)

Oh, the freedom of your first possibility sounds nice! Haha! Oddly, I was wearing spandex sports pants, thus my quandary. Thanks for your insight!

By the way, the USA men's basketball is winning with seconds left. It's really cute how thrilled all the guys are! Multi-millionaire are like little kids about this win!

message 8: by Angie (new)

Angie | 512 comments Hey since this is a random topic where is that picture from that the group uses?

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

It's from the episode where Emily wants a portrait made of Rory for Richard's study. She originally had Rory in some crazy pose with her arms above her head and a swan in the background (I think). Eventually Lorelai talks her out of it and the portrait that results is the one the group uses. Rory in a more natural state--reading. Did someone take a picture of their TV screen to get the image?

message 10: by whichwaydidshego, the sage of sass (new)

No, Shannon, our beloved founder, found it somewhere online. Can you believe it's been a year since the group started??

message 11: by Angie (new)

Angie | 512 comments OK oh I just haven't watched that episode but I thought it looked liked Rory but didn't want to be wrong! Thanks for the info!~! :) My season 2 just got here I can't wait to start.

message 12: by Dini, the master of meaning (new)

Dini | 691 comments Mod
So I got a confession to make... Gossip Girl is my new guilty pleasure. Cannot be compared to the brilliance that is Gilmore Girls, but it's fun to watch and to make fun of, hee. The funny thing is I was watching the show one night and my sister came and asked what was I watching? I said, "Oh it's just Gilmore... I mean, Gossip Girl." Slip of the tongue, I swear!

message 13: by whichwaydidshego, the sage of sass (new)

Honestly, I'd no idea it was a real show!

message 14: by Dini, the master of meaning (new)

Dini | 691 comments Mod
LOL. Well it's a teen drama so you get the idea. Nobody there talks as fast as our Gilmore ladies, though!