Harry Potter discussion

Personal Preferences > What kind of wand would you have?

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tara (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:46PM) (new)

Tara | 83 comments So, you're a first year and you are buying all of your supplies (books, parchments, house robes etc) and your parents guide you into the shop to get your very own wand. Aww, to see the look of pride on your parents' faces as they watch you walk towards Mr. Olivander as he pulls a box off of a shelf. What kind of wand does Mr. Olivander hand you?

I think my wand would be delicate (looking) and have a mixture of unicorn tail and dragon tongue (specifically a Norwegian Ridgeback tongue) in it. It might be silvery gray in color and slender and possibly hum a little when in use. Until it really got going, then flames would leap out of it while battling evil :).

message 2: by Steph (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:46PM) (new)

Steph (kitsune_chan) | 47 comments oooo, i like this one, great idea, Tara!

I think my wand would be flexible, rosewood, a hair from a werewolf (I'm obssessed with werewolves/wolves), and nine inches long. I'd use it for playing pranks, schoolwork, and, of course, fighting evil.

message 3: by Rachel (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:46PM) (new)

Rachel my wand would be vine-wood with unicorn hair, 11" long. and it would have some pretty carving on it.

message 4: by Justin (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:46PM) (new)

Justin Hyman (whoisthismuaddib) | 3 comments jeez rachel, how tall are you. your wand is generally proportionate to your size!

message 5: by Rachel (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:46PM) (new)

Rachel i just think it'd be cool to have a super long wand.

message 6: by Sarah Anne (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:50PM) (new)

Sarah Anne (sarahaf712) | 38 comments Cherry wood, core of phoenix tale, good for Charms and Transfiguration, springy. Vines carved into wood. Nine inches.

message 7: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:53PM) (new)

Meghan | 686 comments Mahogany, Phoenix tail, nine inches. (I've already got it!!!)

message 8: by Tara (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:55PM) (new)

Tara | 83 comments Meghan, where'd you get your wand? I have been toying with the idea of knitting a Gryffendor scarf and hat, but I haven't decided 100% yet. I think I would be more motivated if I had a wand :) LOL. That's so awesome that you have a wand!

I forgot to say how long my wand would be. I think maybe 8 inches. Maybe collapsible so I can put it in my pocket right next to my lip gloss.

message 9: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:56PM) (new)

Meghan | 686 comments I got my wand at a Harry Potter party to celebrate D.H. coming out.

message 10: by Kirasamore (new)

Kirasamore | 1 comments rowan and dragon heartstring

message 11: by Sophia (new)

Sophia (sophiadorasmith) | 45 comments 9", Willow, Phoenix feather

message 12: by Abi (new)

Abi Lou | 184 comments An awesome one!!!!!! Dunno, how do you tell?

message 13: by Sophia (last edited Apr 13, 2010 07:44PM) (new)

Sophia (sophiadorasmith) | 45 comments Go on to this website, and take the quiz. http://www.gotoquiz.com/what_harry_po...
That's where I found my results.

message 14: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments 12.5" Yew, Dragon Heartstring

Does it really matter?

message 15: by Jenn (new)

Jenn | 41 comments I took some quiz (not the one that was posted) said I would have rosewood wand center unicorn tail. I think it probably be 13 1/2 inches

message 16: by Abi (new)

Abi Lou | 184 comments 8.5 mahogany, dragon heartstring. That quiz was very mugglish, though. If you know what I mean. I'll leave it up to Ollivander next time.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

12.5" Yew, Dragon Heartstring

message 18: by Abi (new)

Abi Lou | 184 comments Aren't you all PSYCHED for the HP theme park when we can actually buy real wands!!!!!!??

message 19: by Ld (new)

Ld | 2 comments i would have a mahogany, dragon heart string, and it would be 12.5 in

message 20: by Ld (new)

Ld | 2 comments btw i am TOTALLY PSYCHED TO GO TO THE THEME PARK AND GET REAL WANDS

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

What Harry Potter Wand Are You?
Your Result: 12.5" Yew, Dragon Heartstring

Your wand is longer than average, with a flexible and long-lasting wood. Dragon Heartstring is a common Ollivander core. Your wand is ideal for jinxes and hexes.
11" Mahogany, Unicorn Hair

9" Willow, Phoenix Feather

11.5" Yew, Unicorn Hair

10.5" Ash, Phoenix Feather

11" Ash, Hippogriff Talon

8.5" Mahogany, Dragon Heartstring

14" Holly, Veela Hair

Cassandra~Batgirl | 12 comments What Harry Potter Wand Are You?
Your Result: 12.5" Yew, Dragon Heartstring

Your wand is longer than average, with a flexible and long-lasting wood. Dragon Heartstring is a common Ollivander core. Your wand is ideal for jinxes and hexes

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

That's exactly what I got!!!!! Scary....

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Good point.... maybe that's why Ron's wand broke so easily. He should have gotten a warrant on it!!!

message 25: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 170 comments My wand would be a Red Vine. So if it broke I ate it I could always get more.

message 26: by person (new)

person (leapoffaith24) 12.5 inches, Yew, Phoenix Feather!!!

message 27: by Zac (new)

Zac | 2 comments mine would be 10 inchs mahogany dragon heart string

message 28: by Foxears (new)

Foxears | 30 comments I think that my wand would be from a tree with red wood, either Mahogany or Cherry tree. I think it woulf be 11-12" long and have either a dragon heart-string or a phoenix fether inside.

message 29: by Taylor (new)

Taylor | 1 comments my wand, 11" Holly, with a core of phoenix feather very strong and listes to every command with no hesitations or flaws... it perfect

message 30: by Vicki (new)

Vicki G (emtp513) | 59 comments 11" w/ a phoenix feather and maple wood.

message 31: by Laura (new)

Laura (laxgirl1397) hmmmm i got yew, dragon heartstring

message 32: by Faith (new)

Faith | 21 comments 10 inch willow phoenix feather

message 33: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 23, 2011 02:22PM) (new)

9 1/2 inches long, made of pine-wood with unicorn tale. Simple, but pretty and strong.

message 34: by Christine (new)

Christine (christinenc22) | 42 comments 12.5 yew,dragon heartstring.

message 35: by Vicki (new)

Vicki G (emtp513) | 59 comments I already bought a wand. It was Dumbledore's and Warner Brothers sold it to me.
In the movies I have, there's a list of things Warner Bros. is selling.

message 36: by Shivani (new)

Shivani Singh | 9 comments i want an elder wand which should be of medium size.

message 37: by Sayshisweetie (new)

Sayshisweetie | 123 comments 5 and 1/6 inches long, cherry wood, unicorn hair. Strong

message 38: by Alaina (new)

Alaina (readingwriting4eva) | 30 comments The one exactly like Harry's. Or the Elder Wand. ;-)

message 39: by Beepboopwalri (new)

Beepboopwalri | 15 comments I'd love one with a Phoenix feather core, made from elder wood, about 10 inches long and strong but still flexible. That would be my dream wand!

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

12 and 3/4 inches drgon heart string Rowan

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Pheonix feather core, elder tree wood, ash wood and hornbeam wood all entwined together. 12" inches.

message 42: by Eva (new)

Eva (pastelbooks8) | 8 comments 13 and 3/4 inches Core:unicorn Wood: hawthorn. Flexibility: hard

message 43: by Faceglitch (new)

Faceglitch | 1 comments Why don't you guys just go here and match up your personality traits hmm? (don't do it if you're not into reading all of it)

http://hogwarts-school.net/summer/ind...