Shadow Moon Sanctuary discussion

Help!

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Keia (new)

Keia | 91 comments Mod
Hey guys! I've got a few books that a friend said I should read, and before I start them I wanted to get some feedback from y'all if you've read them!

Karen Marie Moning's books called Darkfever and Bloodfever. Have you read them? If so, any good??

Kresley Cole's series The Immortals After Dark.

And last are Sherrilyn Kenyon's series called the Dark Hunter and the Dream Hunter.

So, if y'all have any feedback I'd love to hear it!! Thanks!!

message 2: by Sara (new)

Sara (sara476) | 45 comments Hey - Reading Karen Marie Moning's Darkfever, and it is great!

message 3: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) I think the Kresley Cole and Sherrilyn Kenyon books are too mushy for me. The covers alone turn me off. I am interested in reading Darkfever so it's on my TBR list.

message 4: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) I'm reading the first Kresley Cole book right now and I LOVE it. I almost read the entire book last night but made myself stop at 2:00 am. It's sexy and HOT so if you're not in to that then you may not like her books.

message 5: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Lori, I am totally not into that. I wish I was but alas, it's not be! LOL

message 6: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) That's cool Ranata. You are certainly not alone in that. Then there's the pervs like me, LOL.

I like a balance in my books and some authors do it better than others. I'm reading the second Kresley Cole book now and while there is sex in the story, it's not the main focus. The story is set around an "Amazing Race" type contest consisting of representives from each of the different species. I'm just loving this series.

message 7: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) I can deal with sex in the story (it's really kind of hard to get around in most books) but if it's the central plot, I can't deal with that. Humping every other page just would piss me off. I need story with my sex! And lots of it! LOL

message 8: by Jacquie (new)

Jacquie (jacquierogers) | 1 comments Ranata, a lot of readers agree with you. The problem is, NY publishers under-served the erotica market. Then the epubs jumped in there and started taking a pretty good chunk of change, so NY got on the band wagon. Now nearly everything they buy is hot or hotter.

But these things are cyclical, so the writing style will come back more to what you like. At the last booksigning I had, lots of customers shied away, saying they used to read romance but don't trust it anymore--and really don't care for the graphic descriptions of sexual organs. NY will see that at some point.

I just wish we could have a balance--hot books for those who love them, sweet books for those who don't care to read past the bedroom door, and the in-between books (strong sexual tension and a couple good sex scenes that matter to the story) for the rest of us. We need all kinds of books, IMHO.

Just wait 2 or 3 years. A few years ago, you couldn't buy a historical--the shelves were loaded with romcom. Ten years ago, you couldn't find a paranormal romance anywhere. And they laughed at the very thought of publishing vamps. Now they're everywhere. And so it goes.

Jacquie

message 9: by Keia (new)

Keia | 91 comments Mod
Ok...I started reading Karen Moning, but I couldn't make it past the second chapter! I don't know if its the unfamiliarity of the paranormal beings in her books, or just her writing, but I couldn't get into it. I don't know. I might try again.

I am loving Kresley Cole tho! Lori - I think me and you are in the same boat. haha. My sister gave me the book to read - and at 4am I finished it! I couldn't put it down. lol. I'm on the second one now, and having a bit of a hard time understanding the Hie, but they are about to start thier quests, so it should get pretty good!

Ranata - I agree, the covers would have put me off reading them too, but so many people said they were really good that I decided to overlook it! I'm glad I did! :)

message 10: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) Keia, I'm so glad you're enjoying the series,it is, by far, my favorite. I read every book in about two weeks. I can hardly wait for the next one which doesn't come out until next February!

Once the Hie actually starts, it's not nearly as confusing. You'll be hard pressed to put this one down too.