Chick Lit discussion

Science Writer Loves bang BANG

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lynn (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:45PM) (new)

Lynn | 6 comments Here's an excerpt from a review of bang BANG by John Kwok, an Amazon top 50 reviewer.

"Philadelphia-based food writer Lynn Hoffman is one of our unsung literary treasures. He's an expert at writing clear, concise, snappy prose which will linger in your memory like some excellent sauvignon blanc wine you had at dinner. ... (This is) one of the most intriguing works of fiction published this year that I've stumbled upon; a work written by someone who should be regarded as among our finest American writers working now in any genre, period. It is also quite hilarious, a surefooted comic satire aimed right at the heart of NRA and its legion of diehard supporters intent on keeping our country awash in firearms. "bang Bang" offers a vivid literary portrait of modern Philadelphia that could have been written by the likes of Raymond Chandler or Elmore Leonard. Hoffman is a keen observer of human nature, using his prose as much as a film cameraman or photographer might use a camera and lens, carefully recording every important detail in a given scene. He also offers in Paula Sherman, a bright, tenacious heroine for whom the reader will be rooting for as she embarks upon her campaign to bring some sanity to the NRA and its leadership.

message 2: by Julie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:45PM) (new)

Julie (jooliaaah) looks like a great book. what hooked me was one of the reviewers comments about your sensual description of wine. that did it for me; i added it to my "to-read" list.