The Lost Colony (Artemis Fowl #5) The Lost Colony discussion

Artemis Fowl and the internet Demons!

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by sarah (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:09AM) (new)

sarah I love the Artemis Fowl books and Im enjoying the Lost Colony. A recent trawl of itunes showed some rater interesting podcasts byt the man himself Eoin Colfer, talking about the fairies Artemis and the Demons on the loose. Well worth a look!

Kimberly I'd have to check those out...I can't wait until the next book, because Artemis has brothers now!!

Alex Now what could only make this series truly better is if Peter King or Spielber or Stephen Jackson directed the movies to these books. I hope they come up with them soon!

Megan   Oh, I hate Opal!! But I just love to hate her, the best kind of hate :)Can't wait for the next book, I wanna know more about Artemis's little brothers.

Apollinaria Fowl Megan wrote: "Oh, I hate Opal!! But I just love to hate her, the best kind of hate :)Can't wait for the next book, I wanna know more about Artemis's little brothers."

You "love to hate her"? that reminds me of this one Maroon5 The Sun cause a couple lines are:
Hate to love and love to hate her
like a broken record player
Random...

Megan   Well, it's always good to have a clever bad guy. Opal is the best bad guy I've run into for awhile, she's witty, spiteful, and full of hate. She always seems to have a fight to pick, but she doesn't let her anger go completely to her head.

Apollinaria Fowl I <3 Opal, but hate her at the same time.

Megan   She's a great character, but she hates everyone else we love, so she's conflicting, but I can't help but rather like her style, cruel as she can be.

message 9: by Night (last edited Sep 22, 2011 07:35AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Night Fury hmmm. so back to the book. As usual, it revolved around Artemis' quick thinking and overall... i thoroughly enjoyed it. Especially as compared to the previous books, Artemis' got loads of more character now. Not one of my favourite one so far, but nonetheless worth the thrill and enjoyment it produced, this book was prettttyyyy cool!

And o yea. I so can't wait to see what happens next, especially with the twins and all.

Alex wrote: "I liked this book a lot, however the whole time travel stuff got on my nerves. I liked the 4th one the best! Opal is my fav! "
Uh no. Personally, I don't really like Opal. She reminds me of a feisty, fanatical, revenge-thirsty pixie (which, incidentally, she is =D)

Go Artemis Fowl! That now-not-so-criminal-minded but still supremely evil, genius...

MizziQ I love Foley the best!

Briton Ah, this book introduced my second favorite character in the entire books series, second only to Butler, which is stange since, N1 and Butler are so different.

Wesley  Jade Next book is out and I can't wait to read it. Opal is back, and Artemis' bros are in trouble. One of my favorite series ever.