Shadow Moon Sanctuary discussion

Blood Ties Series (Spoilers Below!)

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ranata (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:16AM) (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) I'm reading the second book called "Blood Ties: Possession"by Jennifer Armnitrout and remembering why I enjoyed the first one so much.

Meet Dr. Carrie Ames. She's 28 and she's a doctor that gets grossed out by a man missing half his face in the ER. She goes down to the morgue to prove to herself she was cut out to be a doc despite what her superior has just told her, only to get attacked by the man missing half his face. Turns out, you guessed it, he's a vampire and now Carrie is one too.

Basically the blood tie literally "ties" you to your maker, or sire. The blood tie allows you and your sire to communicate using thought, feel what you feel and pretty much will know if you're up to no good. The man missing half a face is Cyrus is her Sire and he is a piece of work. He's sexy but he's deadly and ruthless at the same time. There's a nice guy helping Carrie come to terms with being a vampire named Nathan but he's so damn moody, you'd rather slap him than shag him. Well..almost.

I liked the first book. I like reading about people being turned into vampires and how they come to terms with it. Breaking Dawn lacked that side but that's another thread.

Read it. You'll like it. Those who've read it, what did you think?

message 2: by Gypsie (new)

Gypsie Holley I've read the entire 4 book series. I was saddened there were only 4 too. The first book was most definitely the best. It went into really dark places that most books don't. The dark places were missing in book 2 and 3 and book 4 brought some of it back out. There could be so much more to this series and I wish that she would've continued, but by the end of book 4 the whole series had changed. That is no spoiler that is a teaser! Keep reading!

message 3: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) I'm totally going to keep reading. Book 2 kinda dragged but it's picked up.

message 4: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) I'm on Book 4 and I have to say I didn't like the addition of Bella. Max was cool in Book one but I never expected him to become a big character or for her to throw in Bella. I wish it just focused on the key characters and have Max around but not have us look in on what he was doing every now and then. Had it been that way in book one, I probably wouldn't have been annoyed with the side story.

message 5: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) I'm reading book 2 now and I'm loving this series. I actually like the addition of Max and Bella. I really like Max and I hope he can find some happiness with her. I think it's funny that neither one of them consider Bella to be "human" and Max is grossed out by being attracted to her...as if it makes him into "beastiality".

**SPOILER**

I've just gotten to the part of the book where mouse dies and my heart is breaking for Cyrus. I kept hoping she wasn't going to die but I knew she probably would. I hope he's able to retain his humanity and I hope he eventually finds some happiness to. Gosh, I just want to hug him and comfort him. He seems so vulnerable and that can be so damn sexy sometimes.

message 6: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Wait until book 3...That's all I'll you. LOL.

message 7: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) I started book three last night Ranata. It will only take me a day to finish so now I've got to go to Borders and get book 4 so I can start it this weekend. I heard that book 4 has a strange ending. I hope I'm not too disappointed.

message 8: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) OMG Ranata. She turned him. I got so mad I almost threw my book against the wall. What a mess she has made. Poor Nathan. Will the man never find some peace and happiness?! I'm going to finish this morning and start book 4. I'm so glad I can read them back to back.

message 9: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) I'm in the middle of book 4 and I had to skip over a certain part because I couldn't get with it but so far, I think the first, second and three were the best.

You are shooting through them! You'll be caught up with me by tomorrow at this rate, LOL.

message 10: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) I feel bad for Nathan off and on. I definitely understood how he felt about her being Cyrus' sire. It's just..why doesn't she get that he's done a lot of evil things to Nathan and has been a thorn in his side since he met him years and years ago. I agreed with Carrie about Nathan needing to stop blaming himself for his wife's death because it's not like he'd had other options. But Carrie was completely wrong in that sense. Cyrus even asked her not to do it.

The man has 9 lives, I tell ya.

message 11: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) I just finished book 4. I have mixed feelings about the way it ended. I didn't feel like I got complete closure on everything. Mostly Cyrus I guess. Do you know if she has any plans to write another one is this truly the last in the series?

I wasn't bothered by the m/m sex scene. My best friend is gay so that kind of stuff is not shocking to me. Since I knew Ziggy was coming back, I figured there was going to be a scene like that. I was surprised there wasn't more since he spent so much time with Cyrus.

Have you read any of her other books?

message 12: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) The m/m scene bothered me because if i'm against reading abuot a lot of vivid hetero sex, I'm sure I'd be the same with homo sex. I have tons of gay friends but I don't want to read about their exploits. I should have expected it but somehow, I didn't think Bill would be the one he'd have it with.

Cyrus just can't catch a break.

I'm having mixed feelings about this book in gneral. Not the best or one of my favorites. I pretty much think this is it for the Blood Ties series because she did say see you in the Lightworld at the beginning.

I haven't read anything else she's written, no. I think she was in an antology but don't quote me on it.