The Mark of the Golden Dragon: Being an Account of the Further Adventures of Jacky Faber, Jewel of the East, Vexation of the West, and Pearl of the South China Sea (Bloody Jack, #9) The Mark of the Golden Dragon discussion

jacky faber

Comments (showing 1-22 of 22) (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jackie (new) - added it

Jackie lets end the romance with jamie he has shown over and over that he cannot stay with her for the long haul because hes a jealous snob. id really like some comment on this

Yesica Z Yeah, at first I was ok with him but then he goes and sleeps with the first girl he sees while Jacky remains faithful, somewhat anyways.

I just think Meyer needs to wrap things off cuz I'm getting really disinterested since the last book... sigh

I also think that Jamie is a bit possessive and how she is gonna have to obey whatever he says when they get married. You know what the more I keep talking about it, the more I think i just want to sell all the Bloody Jack book I have... (which are all of them)

I'M PISSED NOW

Trishia Yesica wrote:I also think that Jamie is a bit possessive and how she is gonna have to obey whatever he says when they get married..."

well in the eightteenth centurey the husbands did control the wifes that's why alot of girls weren't married

Olivia um Jacky did so not remain faithful shes always sleeping with that Richard Allen dude and Jamie just lost his mind because he thought Jacky died

Olivia Jackie wrote: "lets end the romance with jamie he has shown over and over that he cannot stay with her for the long haul because hes a jealous snob. id really like some comment on this"

he is not a jealous snob!! how could he be jealous and jamie slept with another gilr cuz he lost his mind about jacky geez people.

Trishia ovlivia's right are me and her the only ones how actully READ the books if not then open your eyes AND your brain

Rikki Exactly! And she's so determined to recuse him from himself and the gallows.

Siena Did Jamie really *sleep* with Clementine or just sleep starkers? There's a difference: please clarify for me :)

Rebecca I get the impression that Jaimie actually slept with Clementine. Jacky hasn't actually lost her virginity yet but its a fine line she is walking.

Margaret Fritz it is a thin line she is waling on but at least she still has her virginity

message 11: by Sara (new)

Sara i've been reading all the comments on this last book and feel rather uninspired to even bother picking it up from the bookstore. Somebody please tell me if it's worth the 10 minute drive to Barnes and Noble.

message 12: by Lea (new) - added it

Lea Meh. Just borrow it from the library. As a big fan of this serious, I was seriously disappointed. There are only so many crazy situations Jacky can get herself into and out of, and this book is one too many. I love this series, this last book is worth the read, but for sure not as good as the last ones. Jacky wasn't her usual self, and it's just too full of random occurring that left me thinking "huh... that was not too good".

message 13: by Sara (new)

Sara Lea wrote: "Meh. Just borrow it from the library. As a big fan of this serious, I was seriously disappointed. There are only so many crazy situations Jacky can get herself into and out of, and this book is one..."
Thank you! I suppose I might as well read it.... I now head to the public library.

Rebecca Was anyone else suprised at how thin the book is?

Michelle Sharpe There was only one part in the new book that stood out to me, and it was when Davy stood up to Jacky and questioned her about how faithful to Jamie. I am getting tired of the character Jamie. I think that he should just be killed off or something. That would make the plot more interesting. Or, she should marry Richard or Jared or SOMETHING! There needs to be a major change of plot in the next book in order to keep my interest. I haven't given up on these books yet, because they are easy to read, and they are not so incredibly stupid that I can't get through them. I'll stick with the series till the end, but I just want something different to happen.

Rebecca Jasmin wrote: "There was only one part in the new book that stood out to me, and it was when Davy stood up to Jacky and questioned her about how faithful to Jamie. I am getting tired of the character Jamie. I thi..."

I have to agree with you about Jamie (well I would a little be sad if he died) I dont care at this point if jamie ends up with Jacky (but thebonly person I wouod consider a good alternative is Jared because I dont think he would try to hold her back and make her stay at home which is something I think Jamie wouod have a hard time with).

message 17: by Sara (new)

Sara Rebecca ☺ wrote: "Jasmin wrote: "There was only one part in the new book that stood out to me, and it was when Davy stood up to Jacky and questioned her about how faithful to Jamie. I am getting tired of the charact..."
While I do respect the opionions of Rebecca and Jasmin, I thinkt that killing off Jamie would completely ruin the point of the whole series. Its the climax of the whole series(or, well, it will be when it actually happens)

message 18: by Artemis (last edited Apr 15, 2012 03:47PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Artemis Okay, first, who is Jamie? Last I check, it is Jaimy! ;P

Jacky isn't always faithful to Jaimy, but she did, as she said, try to be good. :) And I love her for that, amongst other traits like extremely loyal to her friends and honest, etc...

Jaimy was only sleeping with Clementine (just sleeping too!) because first, she saved his life when he was almost killed by that pair of scums, and second, he pity how she needs to put up with her demented father so he wants to help her get away. As for with Bess, it is pretty much the same as what happened with Clementine, except this time, Jaimy is avenging for Jacky as the Black Highwayman, who is also a bit insane after Jacky's "death". And when Jacky learned about this, she devised up a plan to help get Jaimy out of death by hanging and set Flashby up; sleeping with Captain Richard Allen was partly because she needs his help to accomplish his plan... and because she really do like Richar... err, Captain Allen. But she is good, mostly.

So really, J. F. + J. F. is really the best couple there, I mean, they have survived so much, secrets, seperations, annoying people in between - aka Jaimy's mom - War! Death, misunderstandings... It would be really pointless if in the end Jacky chooses one of her beaus... Even though Randall Trevelyne, Robin Raeburn, Joseph Jared, Arthur McBride, Richard Allen, Jean-Paul Valdon, and Flaco Jimenez are all so very charming and handsome... Enough, girl! You are promised to James Emerson Fletcher, and Jaimy only!

Sarah This may just be my opinion, but I feel like neither one slept with anyone else; they may have done other things, but then again that just may be me wanting to believe they are both "faithful".

I disliked the last book so right now I'm wanting something to happen with them. Something as in get married or just call it quits-its about time.

I personally love Jaimy and Jacky together and I love their lives so I don't want the books to end, but I want Meyers to get them to some conclusion.

Trishia NEW BOOK IS COMING OUT IN OCTOBER!!! check all updates of the bloody jack series at www.clairdeloon.com click on the one that says jacky faber

message 21: by Lea (new) - added it

Lea Sarah wrote: "This may just be my opinion, but I feel like neither one slept with anyone else; they may have done other things, but then again that just may be me wanting to believe they are both "faithful".

I ..."

I totally agree! I love the books and in a way never want them to end, but this last book was kind of ridiculous.

Debbie Yesica wrote: "You know what the more I keep talking about it, the more I think i just want to sell all the Bloody Jack book I have..."

I'll buy them!!! No really, message me.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

The Mark of the Golden Dragon: Being an Account of the Further Adventures of Jacky Faber, Jewel of the East, Vexation of the West, and Pearl of the South China Sea (other topics)